England v windies 1st odi Tuesday 1230 start

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

Bairstow is to open the batting with Hales. The talk is if Hales scores a few in this series, he is in the ashes squad.

One other thing, is Morgan to still be captain come the world cup in England 2019?

Swanning around the world playing a bit of t20 here and there, should not guarantee his place in the 50 over Odis.

He does not play 50 over games in England either. I don't think he should be allowed to continue as Captain of the fifty over team.

Anybody else hate the terms white ball and red ball cricket? Surely the most important distinction between different formats is the length of the game, so T20, One-Day, Test Match.

Not earth shatteringly important, but bored rigid today.

Anybody else hate the terms white ball and red ball cricket? Surely the most important distinction between different formats is the length of the game, so T20, One-Day, Test Match.

Not really. It's a good short-cut imho.

How much red ball cricket has Hales played this season. Know he got a double hundred like but did he do much else
Hales - played 7 matches but batted for only 7 innings. Scored 424 runs at 47.11. Not bad but not excellent - but deduct his big score then it's 206 runs at 25.75 (which isn't a fair way of looking at it). His strike rate is 81 though.

(for comparision, Colly has more runs an average of 56 but a strike rate of 61)

Last edited:

i've got to say i love it.

there is something wonderful about the two colours, red and white, can't put my finger on it but just gives us a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

i've got to say i love it.

there is something wonderful about the two colours, red and white, can't put my finger on it but just gives us a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

But do we have to use pink ball cricket when discussing anything to do with the day night tests?

If England play like they did on Saturday, this series could get embarrassing?

Wonder if woakes and stokes come into the team?

Bairstow is to open the batting with Hales. The talk is if Hales scores a few in this series, he is in the ashes squad.

One other thing, is Morgan to still be captain come the world cup in England 2019?

Swanning around the world playing a bit of t20 here and there, should not guarantee his place in the 50 over Odis.

He does not play 50 over games in England either. I don't think he should be allowed to continue as Captain of the fifty over team.

Morgan should be in the 50 over team but not 20/20

He wastes too many balls

Not a controversial player there are just better players in that format

Buzzing to see Bairstow open

Let him have full series

If England play like they did on Saturday, this series could get embarrassing?

Wonder if woakes and stokes come into the team?

Stokes will play

Twat

Edit: him not you

Not really. It's a good short-cut imho.

Hales - played 7 matches but batted for only 7 innings. Scored 424 runs at 47.11. Not bad but not excellent - but deduct his big score then it's 206 runs at 25.75 (which isn't a fair way of looking at it). His strike rate is 81 though.

(for comparision, Colly has more runs an average of 56 but a strike rate of 61)

I'd take Hales

My reasoning simply, I think he can handle the pressure

And batting in the middle order I think he will score runs on Australian pitches

His scores on English pitches in September are just about irrelevant

He can potentially do it, and not in a jos Buttler way, he has scored runs in county cricket on n off for years

I know what you mean

I get he is the supposed modern player but he's taking the piss a bit, you are right needs to play for his county in one day stuff, no excuse not to

He's always been patchy like

He should never ever play for England ever in my view, he's Irish, but that's not his fault

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd take Hales

My reasoning simply, I think he can handle the pressure

And batting in the middle order I think he will score runs on Australian pitches

His scores on English pitches in September are just about irrelevant

He can potentially do it, and not in a jos Buttler way, he has scored runs in county cricket on n off for years
Yea, I'd take him too.

start delayed under sunny skies, as there is a few wet patches in the outfield

start 130pm, still fifty overs at present

to me, this is the windies moaning after they were slipping around on Saturday.

blazing sun and yet they are to have another inspection at 2pm

i can see a lot of crowd dissent coming shortly

player safety, we have had games played in pouring rain this season

this delay is ridiculous as the weather conditions are superb for play.

to me, this is the windies moaning after they were slipping around on Saturday.

blazing sun and yet they are to have another inspection at 2pm

i can see a lot of crowd dissent coming shortly

player safety, we have had games played in pouring rain this season

this delay is ridiculous as the weather conditions are superb for play.

There will be no game

It's not going to get any better

There will be no game

It's not going to get any better
exactly. They won't say but after the windies were slipping around on Saturday, which they wanted to come off then, it's being used as an excuse here.

not a cloud in the sky and we are waiting for some boundary edges to dry up

i would be going mad, if i was there. Bloody ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back