England v windies 1st odi Tuesday 1230 start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trams only run till 11.30 on a week night.

Groundsman is sawdusting the parts they were bothered about.
just now? Surely that could have been done early this morning?

Athers has just stated "this ridiculous delay"

makes me more convinced this is the windies preventing play, like they were moaning on Saturday about slipping.

now they bat first, which will lead to them fielding as the dew falls, making the field slippy and ball wet

you could not make it up

just now? Surely that could have been done early this morning?

Athers has just stated "this ridiculous delay"

makes me more convinced this is the windies preventing play, like they were moaning on Saturday about slipping.

now they bat first, which will lead to them fielding as the dew falls, making the field slippy and ball wet

you could not make it up
Yep, was chucking handfuls of sawdust down like a kid throwing bangers on the pavement. Weird.

Queue in the ale tent massive so went to the normal bar. John Smith's Smooth, £4.60. Adequate.

Yep, was chucking handfuls of sawdust down like a kid throwing bangers on the pavement. Weird.

Queue in the ale tent massive so went to the normal bar. John Smith's Smooth, £4.60. Adequate.
Athers said he watched Englands bowlers earlier have no problems whatsoever with run ups

now more convinced this is windies whinging

they need to win this series big to get back in the top eight of the odi rankings

now i would not say they have more chance of doing that, in a reduced over match. That would never have come into their heads.

enjoy the sun

Gayle c root b woakes 37

root, who dropped him earlier, takes a skier, over the shoulder, full length diving catch, brilliant

53 for 2 off 8.5

Samuels at the crease

modern got Lewis off a long hop, dragged square legside

Just about the delay, there is one strip of sawdust, on the square and none elsewhere, apart from behind the keeper.

Two hour delay, was ridiculous

And the paying fan potentially misses out on 16 overs. Farce man.

Given how it's going, Windies could have batted the full 50 and the paying fan might have still missed 16 overs ovr so.

Massive series for West Indies. Lose and they have to qualify for the next world cup.

Given how it's going, Windies could have batted the full 50 and the paying fan might have still missed 16 overs ovr so.

Massive series for West Indies. Lose and they have to qualify for the next world cup.
They only qualify if winning 4 or 5 nil

That's gone

Another forgettable innings by Morgan there
I said yesterday, its all well and good for Morgan sauntering around the world in t20, but he gets no serious play in the fifty over game. I don't think it's unfair to question his right to captain England at that level, all the way to 2019?

Baffling that Bairstow isn't a regular. Even more so that it wasn't long ago that people like Billings were getting games ahead of him

I mean ffs there is no comparison between the 2 players

That's how to finish a game Morgan.

Outstanding ton by YJB and all

Why is Morgan getting so much stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back