England v Pakistan 3rd T20 Skysports Cricket 6pm start

He literally averages 46 in ODI cricket striking at better than a run a ball. Fair enough in T20 he hasn’t quite hit those heights but still obviously a dangerous player.

Genuinely don’t know what your issue is with him tbh.
Would love to answer but don't wanna "troll" x

I’ll accept Jordan.

I like Root. I just think there are too many good players ahead of him

Fair enough I guess we have so many options but Roots record is impressive, averages over 35 and at a good strike rate. Probably gets in every team in the world bar India. It is only Malan who he could replace mind and he's averaging over 50 I think

If we’re talking best team. Right now.

i will go with

Roy
Bairstow
Buttler
Morgan
Malan
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Archer
Wood
Rashid

6 bowlers and bats to 8.
Don’t know why but I’m just not convinced at all by Malan.

Strongest XI for me would be:

Roy
Bairstow
Root
Stokes
Morgan
Buttler
Ali
Jordan
Rashid
Wood
Archer

Not massively sold on Ali going forward but there’s not really anyone else to fill that role at the minute to my knowledge. Same with Jordan really, but he’s an absolute gun fielder which is a bonus in the shorter format.
Would love to answer but don't wanna "troll" x
To be fair you come across as a massive troll anyway when it comes to YJB so why change the habit of a lifetime.

Last edited:

Roy
Bairstow
Root
Stokes
Morgan
Buttler
Ali
Jordan
Rashid
Wood
Archer

Not massively sold on Ali going forward but there’s not really anyone else to fill that role at the minute to my knowledge. Same with Jordan really, but he’s an absolute gun fielder which is a bonus in the shorter format.

To be fair you come across as a massive troll anyway when it comes to YJB so why change the habit of a lifetime.
I do love this modern thing of anyone offering an opinion that goes slightly against general consensus, especially when one tries to put it across in a fair way, is just "trolling".

Whatever floats your boat I guess, I've always enjoyed debate more than shutting it down and screaming TROLL, but to each his own.

Roy
Bairstow
Root
Stokes
Morgan
Buttler
Ali
Jordan
Rashid
Wood
Archer

Would be my team as well, plenty of bowling options in that line up also.

Right that’s it. Nobody’s trolling, nobody’s wrong.

im going to bed and if come back on here tomorrow and it’s not sorted, I will write you all out of my will

currently my will is giving the cricket forum posters a bag of chips each on my death.

youve been warned
Can I have extra salt and vinegar on mine?

If we’re talking best team. Right now.

i will go with

Roy
Bairstow
Buttler
Morgan
Malan
Stokes
Ali
Woakes
Archer
Wood
Rashid

6 bowlers and bats to 8.

I agree with your 11 but would still have Buttler further down as well. Malan 3 then whatever you want with Morgan, stokes and Buttler - maybe even be flexible with left/right hand and who fancies which bowlers etc.

I’d really want root in but can’t see how. Only option is to drop Malan, which I wouldn’t have a problem doing on visuals, but his stats are exemplary. 7 50s and a 100 in 13 games is it?
Fair enough I guess we have so many options but Roots record is impressive, averages over 35 and at a good strike rate. Probably gets in every team in the world bar India. It is only Malan who he could replace mind and he's averaging over 50 I think

If you are going off stats, Malan averages around 50, 7 50s and a 100 already, only played 13 games. But just watching them play, I think most would prefer root in the side. It’s a tough choice, but always good to have options

Last edited:

Back