England v Pakistan 3rd T20 Skysports Cricket 6pm start

Whilst Roy and Bairstow are amazing ODI openers, I don't think they're anywhere near as automatic as openers in T20. Their records are solid but not exceptional, albeit both seem to have improved a lot if you look at it year by year.

Batting is light without

Instead of banton?

yeah course

him or Malanat 3

Buttler will score runs there like but we need him in the middle order

just don’t get the logic

means we end up Billings in the middle order
They must see something in Billings that I don't. Pretty average white ball record with England and has had plenty of chances

nevrr seen a bloke have so many chances

I mean at some stage you move on

look at bairstow, every time he came in for a game he scored runs and won games, made himself undroppable

Billings never does that yet keeps getting chances.

Baffled

the journos absolutely love him, maybe that helps

Last edited:
Must be the Kent connection with Billings. I don’t think he’s too bad but it’s madness to pick him and not Root. When everyone is fit, Billings must be about 9th choice behind Roy, Bairstow, Buttler, Banton, Root, Malan, Morgan, Stokes and possibly even Ali.

yeah course

him or Malanat 3

Buttler will score runs there like but we need him in the middle order

just don’t get the logic

means we end up Billings in the middle order

nevrr seen a bloke have so many chances

I mean at some stage you move on

look at bairstow, every time he came in for a game he scored runs and won games, made himself undroppable

Billings never does that yet keeps getting chances.

Baffled

the journos absolutely love him, maybe that helps
Stokes doesn't either

I will be amazed he if actually plays in the World Cup

If Roy and Stokes are fit then aye theyll play. Roy goes straight back at the top of the order which means they fancy Billings as a back up middle order player should anyone get injured. There are so many options at the top I dont know why they are moving Buttler there

I think the Stokes argument, is a classic example that stats don’t tell you everything or in Stokes case not much at all.

His T20 international stats are obviously nowt flash, but with Stokes you can’t just look at them isolatation.

He has clearly performed in the IPL, against the best bowling talent in the world, he clearly has the big shots and the array of shots, he clearly is a big match player.

I would not doubt his place for one second.
I would find space for Banton instead of Root, there is a very good argument that nobody deserves to be dropped, but I don’t see it that way.

Sometimes such natrually talented players come along in sport, that they just force they way in, and it may be tough to drop someone but hey you need that player in your side.

Stokes T20I stats are skewed by his poor World T20 2016 showing that make up over a third of his appearances.

Stokes T20I stats are skewed by his poor World T20 2016 showing that make up over a third of his appearances.

Yeah and that’s why there is too much looking at stats rather than the player.
If Roy and Stokes are fit then aye theyll play. Roy goes straight back at the top of the order which means they fancy Billings as a back up middle order player should anyone get injured. There are so many options at the top I dont know why they are moving Buttler there

I think when everyone available Roy,Bairstow,Banton,Morgan,Stokes,Buttler, Root,Malan,Ali, that’s 9 batsman don’t think Billings plays before them, so very unlikely.

I agree that Buttler should be in middle order as great options at the top, however I do get their rationale,in the simple fact that Buttler is arguably our best T20 player and quickest scorer and they simply want to get him as much balls as possible, that and the fact he was simply brilliant opening the batting in the IPL.

Last edited:

Back