England v New Zealand, Lords (2nd June) Match Thread

I watched 3 days of Parky. I'd rather Phil Parky. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, he's not good enough. I'm nearly 70 and I'd fancy a go at him, too slow.
Spot on. He will be canny in the short stuff but he is to slow at the very top level

maybe that will come with a bit more experience, it would not surprise me, if they brought another seamer in and let root bowl the spin overs

Thankfully I had tickets for the first 3 days at Lords' so I missed the excitement of this thread. :lol: I wonder if YJB has rediscovered the art of proper cricket in the intrevening period. ;) :lol:
This is dangerous ground :lol: They must be tucked up in bed.

ps

you jammy sod. One day I will get to lords. One of my bucket list but a long way off currently

I think he took a wicket somewhere. Would help if someone up the top could bowl 5 overs for 20 or so, somewhere across the day.

i think root could bowl more but he has enough scoring the runs
Lawrence took one in Antigua at the end of a very long day in the field. Down the leg side, snicko showed that, according to the SMB match thread "someone in the ground had farted" as the ball passed the bat and the not out was overturned

This is dangerous ground :lol: They must be tucked up in bed.

ps

you jammy sod. One day I will get to lords. One of my bucket list but a long way off currently

Brilliant couple of days mate. I did post earlier, the NZ tour away in 08 was the best I've seen. Jesse Ryder provided hreat entertainment.

Lawrence took one in Antigua at the end of a very long day in the field. Down the leg side, snicko showed that, according to the SMB match thread "someone in the ground had farted" as the ball passed the bat and the not out was overturned
That’s the one I must have been thinking off. My memory is terrible at times

@The Rat is probably going to disagree with me again :lol: I am a few pints deep mind. It won't happen but obviois Pope isn't the answer at 3.

Bairstow at first drop @The Rat

:lol:

aye Pope not the answer at 3, had so so many chances in the team!

TBH I like Bairstow at 6 or 7, never really said he is a top order player!

Just think he gets unfair criticism, so always stick up for him

averaged 35 since 2015, which is not bad compared to the rest!

Deserves a long run in the side for me.
It massively excites me, our home record was very good with Baylis and since Baylis left and we had a less attacking style we became a lot worse

Apart from Root we haven’t

What is this board's reaction if the team for the South Africa series is

Crawley
Buttler
Livingstone
Root
Brook
Stokes (C)
Bairstow (WK)
Ali
Potts
Broad