England v New Zealand, Lords (2nd June) Match Thread

HeroHurley

Midfield
Anybody else going down? There for the first 3 days. Hopefully get some nice, fine weather.

Simon Wilde (Times cricket correspondent) reckons the line up is almost sorted with it being down to Craig Overton or Matty Pottys coming in at 8. Personally I'm disappointed if its the line up he's posted is true. Harry Brook should 100% be in at 5, as unlucky as Bairstow would be.

Brooks carrying his County form into T20...hard to see what more he could do. Really feel like he has earned that 1st test. With him and Pope having to fight it out for their place in the 2nd test

Brooks carrying his County form into T20...hard to see what more he could do. Really feel like he has earned that 1st test. With him and Pope having to fight it out for their place in the 2nd test

This. He couldn't have done any more. Mighty shame if he doesn't get the nod.

Not justifying the price, will watch it on the tele love playing New Zealand though a team of all round likeable blokes had a good crack on with a few of them last time they were here (fans permitted) all got time to stop and chat

Anybody else going down? There for the first 3 days. Hopefully get some nice, fine weather.

Simon Wilde (Times cricket correspondent) reckons the line up is almost sorted with it being down to Craig Overton or Matty Pottys coming in at 8. Personally I'm disappointed if its the line up he's posted is true. Harry Brook should 100% be in at 5, as unlucky as Bairstow would be.

how much your tickets? still available but its an expense

I'm sure both Potts and Brook will get their chance soon. Not a bad idea to sit out initially getting familiar with the England set up. Will help to settle nerves.

I'm sure both Potts and Brook will get their chance soon. Not a bad idea to sit out initially getting familiar with the England set up. Will help to settle nerves.

They should get their chance while they’re in the best form and full of confidence IMO. Form is a fragile thing and you’d want them in while they’re doing things very well.

I'm going on Friday, got the tickets last year, must admit I was shocked at the price of the tickets
but its a bucket list for my mate. Mind you if I had realised when I got the tickets that it was on this particular weekend
he would have had to wait another year!

how much your tickets? still available but its an expense

125 mate

I've no doubt both will play for England but Brook especially shouldn't have to sit out given the form he's in. In my opinion, he literally couldn't have done any more. Stick him in the fire whilst he's hot.

Last edited:
125 mate

I've no doubt both will play for England but Brook especially shouldn't have to sit out given the form he's in. In my opinion, he literally couldn't have done any more. Stick him in the fire whilst he's hot.

Aye strong argument for it like

Intersting to see how selection develops

You’d expect changes once the coach has feet under the table but then he said yesterday about being really loyal to players

Back