England v New Zealand, Lords (2nd June) Match Thread

I think back that the word deserved is wrong re livingstone,

more that I think he has the talent if applied in red ball to eventually deserve an opportunity

No argument with me there mate as I would not open with Sibley in any game anywhere😆

Actually I probably would if we were leading a series going into a final test and a draw would be good enough, he would be perfect for that!

Seriously yeah take your point pick players based on the pitches.

Personally would not have picked a spinner on either side last test match.

Well you are wrong on that like, he scored an unreal 100 at Capetown against a world class bowling attack, so you'd have been a fool not to pick him there.

Livingstone averaged 11 last season in red ball from 7 innings(6 matches). Just strikes me as another that can't re-adjust to playing red ball after being such a strong white ball player.

I guess Buttler and at times Bairstow have played for a while with zero red ball cricket apart from tests.

Last edited:
I totally get your point but I was at the Roses T20 the other week and I know it's a different format but Brooks just oozed class, looked so calm, composed, the game just looked easy for him. Sure we'll see his test credentials at some point this summer.

To go off on a bit of a tangent I'm surprised to see Parkinson played for Lancs tonight, do we read anything into that for the team on Friday? Or nothing more than Leach is available so he'll play ahead of Parkinson?

I don't think we should read too much into it. Leach may be available but I think the medical team may well have the final say on him playing this next test. They'll want to be very cautious given it's a concussion injury. It may be just a case of giving Parkinson a run out in prep for Friday or even a sign that they may not play a spinner (unlikely)

Back