England V New Zealand @ Durham

We probably harrumphed at each other . A lot of that goes on there
Certainly does- There used to be an old guy from Sunderland sat there for years and even in the glory years would always find something to moan about but at the same time was a really interesting bloke to have a conversation with. Was definitely ITK about the horses. Haven't seen him for a good few years. Imagine he's probably gone to the great cricket ground in the sky.😟

Certainly does- There used to be an old guy from Sunderland sat there for years and even in the glory years would always find something to moan about but at the same time was a really interesting bloke to have a conversation with. Was definitely ITK about the horses. Haven't seen him for a good few years. Imagine he's probably gone to the great cricket ground in the sky.😟
The game I went to , the average age must have been 60 and it was a great listen

they were fascinated by some courgette bread I had as according to one his allotment was overgrown with courgettes and he had never thought of making bread with it in

its tastes salty but it’s nice imo and the mrs enjoys making it

this was all discussed whilst Durham scored 300 plus and trev was blasting it around the park

I wanted to miss as little cricket as possible and had I known it was a 25 minute queue I wouldn't have waited. But once I'd waited 15 minutes I thought I wouldn't be much longer...🙄
The queues of traffic before the game were also maybe more avoidable if they’d insisted on a 6:30 start and managed the traffic like they did at the end of the game imo. If they want to attract serous games and promote a good atmosphere then there are lessons to learn I think.

That pod gets on me tripe mind!! did the ECB not say we needed a media centre spent a fortune on it then they fetch a f***ing caravan to every game now
So they can sit with the backdrop of sponsors for betting companies that finance the whole pantomime. Also I love how they played 10 mins of ads during the gap in overs despite us all paying to be there

Is there any truth in the rumour that DCCC and Durham County Council have come to an agreement that DCCC take the money from parking?

The club sell the parking for all the domestic T20 games as well so I expect they are taking at least a hefty cut.

See that the match in on BBC two this evening.

Can't help but feel that the BBC are a big catalyst for the Hundred creation.

They wanted to broadcast cricket but not at the length that 20,50 and Tests would block out in their schedule

So by shortening the format by 40 balls and less changes of ends. They can see what viewership for cricket would be like on their channel before deciding to pick up an international.

Which no doubt far higher cost than the hundred. ECB wasted all their cash reserves to get England back on free to air which will of course boost participation.

Back