England v New Zealand (2nd test)

Took the day off work will be watching it in the local, only a few beers though as went to be fresh for the 4 hour drive down tomorrow! Sure that will happen

Another cloudy day predicted. Get up to 300 then I think it’s a competitive score at least with our bowling attack in the conditions.

Nowt like judging a player immediately mind 😉

The same people slating him probably said that Crawley was the real deal after his 267 last year when his career stats suggested it was a one-off blip/ high.
I’m going from what I’ve seen of him previously, seen him before test cricket info think he’s a county player though nice lad no doubt, you obviously have to take into consideration nerves etc. I do feel the kid would do better in the limited overs game for us that he does at test but then again it’s probably harder to get into the one day/t20 team than it is test at the moment.

to be the best you have to beat the best and he’s coming up against a different class of player.

Mate you need to let it go, you’ve been on this theme several times now, it’s eating you alive! Some of the officiating out there was really good, some of it was questionable and some of it was highly dubious if not suspicious.

What that’s down to, your guess is as good as mine, but I don’t think it’s us here that need to be embarrassed by it, frankly.
A couple of posts since India is hardly 'eating me alive' but if you are giving Gough the benefit of the doubt as 3rd umpire over Wood's LBW which clearly was pad first and his failure to give the most plumb LBW ive ever seen in the last test yet are 'highly dubious and suspicious' when decisions go against us in India you really want to ask your self why?

A couple of posts since India is hardly 'eating me alive' but if you are giving Gough the benefit of the doubt as 3rd umpire over Wood's LBW which clearly was pad first and his failure to give the most plumb LBW ive ever seen in the last test yet are 'highly dubious and suspicious' when decisions go against us in India you really want to ask your self why?
It’s more than a couple and the fact it’s over three months later and you’re still going on about it suggests it’s consumed you more than you will admit. You can piss off with the racism insinuations as well.

It’s more than a couple and the fact it’s over three months later and you’re still going on about it suggests it’s consumed you more than you will admit. You can piss off with the racism insinuations as well.
Subconscious bias rather than racism mate. I’m going on about it 3 months later because I knew this would happen. English umpires on home turf giving decisions for us. Not because they cheat but simply because they make mistakes being human.

there’s a post on the Indian umpires on the page go onto that one plenty of threads on the main board get hijscked come on here as majority tend to keep it good banter and a good debate.

Subconscious bias rather than racism mate. I’m going on about it 3 months later because I knew this would happen. English umpires on home turf giving decisions for us. Not because they cheat but simply because they make mistakes being human.

I agree umpires are human and will make mistakes. It’s when they cross the line between simple mistakes and something else that is the issue and hard thing to prove. Gough has proved beyond doubt he’s an excellent umpire, but even he had a couple of decisions which were poor. It’s just the way it is.

Don’t want to go into India too much as it’s all been said but I’ve been very fair and said the officiating out there ranged from very good to very poor. There were incidents in India that we just don’t see here, not even close. Not isolated ones either and with the bigger picture (pitch carry on and the Indian’s - mainly Kohli - behaviour etc) it’s not hard to understand the reaction.

Back