England v india third test

Status
Not open for further replies.

His 80 where we won by an innings in 3 days? You putting that solely down the Jos? Okey dokey....

I'm not sure why saying he has a chance to put a marker down is reinforcing any preconceived opinions mind, I'm hope he goes on to make a big hundred. Maybe this, his 23rd Test, is the match where he makes his first Test hundred.

Yep the sarcasm is there again. When he does well it kills you. Trying to make out these are benign conditions when Shami is reversing it around corners and the bounce is uneven is a good example. What Buttler did for England before he was selected is neither here nor there. He's in now and he is performing better than just about everyone else during the period he has been back. You just look daft and bitter.

Yep the sarcasm is there again. When he does well it kills you. Trying to make out these are benign conditions when Shami is reversing it around corners and the bounce is uneven is a good example. What Buttler did for England before he was selected is neither here nor there. He's in now and he is performing better than just about everyone else during the period he has been back. You just look daft and bitter.

It really really doesn't. I can, hand on heart, say that any England player ever doing well makes me happy, any England player ever doing badly makes me sad. I came on the thread to say Buttler has a chance to put a marker down and it's come to this. Or are you disagreeing with me, Sky and TMS that these are the best batting conditions since the 2nd afternoon?

The same applies to Buttler as I've said about Rashid on the other thread. It wouldn't have been my choice but if he's in then give him run and have proper look. What's he got this summer so far, 300 runs in 5 games with a couple of red inkers? Something like that? The fact that he's failed a few times before is a black mark against him but isn't the be all and end all.

Been thinking (I know it makes a change), this situation is similar to a test in New Zealand, where England set them 500 odd, and they nearly got there.

Can't remember off hand who the player was but he got 200 plus??

And? Tell me why that says I want him to fail?
Everything else you say does man. Constant back handed compliment.

It’s been obvious for fuck knows how long that bairstow needed gloves took off him to concentrate purely on batting and a keeper bat come in at 7.

Everything else you say does man. Constant back handed compliment.

It’s been obvious for fuck knows how long that bairstow needed gloves took off him to concentrate purely on batting and a keeper bat come in at 7.

Didn't think so, as you were.

It really really doesn't. I can, hand on heart, say that any England player ever doing well makes me happy, any England player ever doing badly makes me sad. I came on the thread to say Buttler has a chance to put a marker down and it's come to this. Or are you disagreeing with me, Sky and TMS that these are the best batting conditions since the 2nd afternoon?

The same applies to Buttler as I've said about Rashid on the other thread. It wouldn't have been my choice but if he's in then give him run and have proper look. What's he got this summer so far, 300 runs in 5 games with a couple of red inkers? Something like that? The fact that he's failed a few times before is a black mark against him but isn't the be all and end all.

A failure is always a black mark against any player at any time. It doesn't seem to be registering though that every other player is having more failures and more black marks. He has scored more runs that everybody else by at least 60 runs in the summer tests despite batting at 7 with the tail and your talking about leaving him out of the winter tour despite the failings of our other players. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but there is absolutely no logic whatsoever in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back