England v india third test

He’s 20 years old, had 3 innings and is batting out of position

He deserves a bit more time
I get your point regarding him being young, however if he isn't good enough he shouldn't be in the team, same rule applies to all of them, that said if we were looking only to pick competent batsmen we'd struggle to name any.

If England didn't have James Anderson they would struggle to beat Zimbabwe.

Whilst it’s pitiful and embarrassing to see them fold like this, and it is becoming all too often to see, let’s not forget that we are currently 2-0 up in the series.

Still huge concerns though

Camera pans onto Ed Smith and James Taylor, Nasser Hussain asks "why are those 2 selectors not watching county cricket considering that our 2 openers are struggling and our wicket keeper is injured" or words to that effect.

Camera pans onto Ed Smith and James Taylor, Nasser Hussain asks "why are those 2 selectors not watching county cricket considering that our 2 openers are struggling and our wicket keeper is injured" or words to that effect.
They clearly had a tv and heard what he said too which I thought was uncomfortable.

I like Nasser a lot but that seemed an unnecessary criticism to me. As Atherton pointed out they have six scouts who are/should be doing that. Smith and Taylor are also new in their roles and I don’t have a problem with them being present at the game when the Test side is playing. They would more than likely be criticised for ‘going missing’ if they weren’t.

I agree. But he’s at 4. He’s never ever batted 4. He’s learning at 6

He looks like he's got a bit of class but you could tell when he was selected that Alec Stewart, his mentor, felt it was too early without saying so directly. I said immediately he needs to feel bat on ball all of the time, I certainly think he has a great future but he needs to learn fast.

He looks like he's got a bit of class but you could tell when he was selected that Alec Stewart, his mentor, felt it was too early without saying so directly. I said immediately he needs to feel bat on ball all of the time, I certainly think he has a great future but he needs to learn fast.
Yeah. There is something there. At 6 with a solid top order and he would look much better

Should never be at 4

I just think he looks another lad who plays too many shots

This team will win Games

We will win this series

We will beat oz next year but we need to be radical

Try opening with Bairstow

Cook at 3

The old ways of picking players isn’t working

I agree

Talent

Test match player? Not sure.

Sun is out and the ball isn't doing anything. He's had a couple of lives while it was cloudy but if there was ever a time for Buttler to put a marker down, this is it.

Sun is out and the ball isn't doing anything. He's had a couple of lives while it was cloudy but if there was ever a time for Buttler to put a marker down, this is it.
I would have thought that was the Pakistan test where he won it or the fact that since he was recalled he has scored more runs than anyone else. If you looked at things objectively instead of sticking stubbornly to preconceived opinions you would be better off for it. Our batting has far bigger problems than Jos Buttler

I would have thought that was the Pakistan test where he won it or the fact that since he was recalled he has scored more runs than anyone else. If you looked at things objectively instead of sticking stubbornly to preconceived opinions you would be better off for it. Our batting has far bigger problems than Jos Buttler
Can’t see past his infatuation with Liam Livingstone to be objective about Buttler.

His 80 where we won by an innings in 3 days? You putting that solely down the Jos? Okey dokey....

I'm not sure why saying he has a chance to put a marker down is reinforcing any preconceived opinions mind, I'm hope he goes on to make a big hundred. Maybe this, his 23rd Test, is the match where he makes his first Test hundred.

Back