england v australia ashes 4th test trent bridge 2015

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

What a joyless man you are

I said England's top order would struggle v Australia, you now say I've been proved wrong, I have asked you to post England's series batting averages on this thread. It's quite simple and I don't see how it makes me "joyless". Still waiting.......

You are beyond a joke , you really are

Head boy 1 sweeper 0
I said England's top order would struggle v Australia, you now say I've been proved wrong, I have asked you to post England's series batting averages on this thread. It's quite simple and I don't see how it makes me "joyless". Still waiting.......

You are beyond a joke , you really are

Head boy 1 sweeper 0

Eh? Are you suggesting that England's top order (or for that matter, anyone other than Root), had anything better than a mediocre series with the bat? If so, let's see those averages.

It's telling that you aren't actually making any points of note. It's because you know you're wrong. You don't want to post the bare facts, as I have asked you to do, because they don't in any way back you up.

Eh? Are you suggesting that England's top order (or for that matter, anyone other than Root), had anything better than a mediocre series with the bat? If so, let's see those averages.

It's telling that you aren't actually making any points of note. It's because you know you're wrong. You don't want to post the bare facts, as I have asked you to do, because they don't in any way back you up.

You were massively wrong, we won the ashes, get over it. The team spirit has never been better, with the young players following cook

And you still bang on about a 35 year old has been troublemaker

Clutching at straws! Maybe time to watch a different sport marra

You were massively wrong, we won the ashes, get over it. The team spirit has never been better, with the young players following cook

Clutching at straws?! Again you've posted without actually making a point or contribution. I've asked you how I have been proved wrong, given that I predicted England's top order to struggle against Australia. If I am wrong, you won't mind posting the series averages. I am still waiting. Everyone who has seen your last three posts on this thread must surely be wondering why, when you know so much and are so sure that you are right (and I am wrong), you still haven't done it.

Your last sentence sums you up - you go on as if you are some sort of cricketing oracle, but constantly talk shite and when we pull you up on it, you come back with smug comments and emoticons, rather than constructive points or facts to support your opinions. Your logic is that you are England's self-appointed number one fan, so all of those who disagree with you are not England fans and must have some sort of agenda.

Clutching at straws?! Again you've posted without actually making a point or contribution. I've asked you how I have been proved wrong, given that I predicted England's top order to struggle against Australia. If I am wrong, you won't mind posting the series averages. I am still waiting. Everyone who has seen your last three posts on this thread must surely be wondering why, when you know so much and are so sure that you are right (and I am wrong), you still haven't done it.

Your last sentence sums you up - you go on as if you are some sort of cricketing oracle, but constantly talk shite and when we pull you up on it, you come back with smug comments and emoticons, rather than constructive points or facts to support your opinions. Your logic is that you are England's self-appointed number one fan, so all of those who disagree with you are not England fans and must have some sort of agenda.

You are hating the fact we absolutely smashed the Aussies

Absolutely fantastic!! Time to take up a different sport mate

Saying that KP did score 50 last week for the Trinidad Tornados

Bring him home!! :lol:

"We" on your own here mate

You are hating the fact we absolutely smashed the Aussies

Absolutely fantastic!! Time to take up a different sport mate

Saying that KP did score 50 last week for the Trinidad Tornados

Bring him home!! :lol:

"We" on your own here mate

There you go again. Of course I'm not hating it, if I didn't want England to win I wouldn't have such strong views on the KP situation would I? Apply some common sense.

Also, it's definitely a "we". The fact that the majority of England fans want KP in the side is well documented in national polls of thousands of people (there I go again with my annoying, objective facts). It's not just about the KP issue though.

Off the top of my head, someone pulled you up on your bullshit a week or so ago when - if I remember correctly - you were cultivating hilarity in telling us how Borthwick should be ahead of Taylor in the queue for a batting slot. There was more than just me who spotted Gary Ballance' car crash of a technique long before the wheels actually came off, whilst you were telling us all that he was the second coming of Bradman and we must not be England fans for questioning him. @Mrjardine springs to mind on that front. Somebody questioned Buttler's position in the team yesterday and you spoke down your nose at them, despite the fact that he's had a shocking series and should be under scrutiny. You have referred to others on the board as people who "drift in and out of [your] sport"; which remains your crowning moment. If any of us could be arsed to look it up, I'm sure this list would be a lot longer. So far, all you have offered up to justify your condescension is that you may or may not have a mate who may or may not have played a bit for Durham 2s.

You're now trying to claim that an England Ashes victory means I was wrong when I predicted a mediocre return from our top order. I fail to see the logic - England have won the Ashes despite the fact that only one batsman in the squad has had a good series. That's just an undisputable fact. It's a testament to how monumentally shit Australia's performance has been that one batsman had a good series for England and they have still run out winners. Surely it doesn't make us England haters to point out that victory would have come easier had we scored the runs we should be expecting in a home series, particular when the pitches were on the flat side? Maybe in your mind, aye, but not objectively.

So, I will ask you yet again - if you are so adamant that I have been "proved wrong" and that England's batting actually held up, then post the England series batting averages to this thread. Provide the facts that back you up............

There you go again. Of course I'm not hating it, if I didn't want England to win I wouldn't have such strong views on the KP situation would I? Apply some common sense.

Also, it's definitely a "we". The fact that the majority of England fans want KP in the side is well documented in national polls of thousands of people (there I go again with my annoying, objective facts). It's not just about the KP issue though.

Off the top of my head, someone pulled you up on your bullshit a week or so ago when - if I remember correctly - you were cultivating hilarity in telling us how Borthwick should be ahead of Taylor in the queue for a batting slot. There was more than just me who spotted Gary Ballance' car crash of a technique long before the wheels actually came off, whilst you were telling us all that he was the second coming of Bradman and we must not be England fans for questioning him. @Mrjardine springs to mind on that front. Somebody questioned Buttler's position in the team yesterday and you spoke down your nose at them, despite the fact that he's had a shocking series and should be under scrutiny. You have referred to others on the board as people who "drift in and out of [your] sport"; which remains your crowning moment. If any of us could be arsed to look it up, I'm sure this list would be a lot longer. So far, all you have offered up to justify your condescension is that you may or may not have a mate who may or may not have played a bit for Durham 2s.

You're now trying to claim that an England Ashes victory means I was wrong when I predicted a mediocre return from our top order. I fail to see the logic - England have won the Ashes despite the fact that only one batsman in the squad has had a good series. That's just an undisputable fact. It's a testament to how monumentally shit Australia's performance has been that one batsman had a good series for England and they have still run out winners. Surely it doesn't make us England haters to point out that victory would have come easier had we scored the runs we should be expecting in a home series, particular when the pitches were on the flat side? Maybe in your mind, aye, but not objectively.

So, I will ask you yet again - if you are so adamant that I have been "proved wrong" and that England's batting actually held up, then post the England series batting averages to this thread. Provide the facts that back you up............

Wow a whole page of shite and you even tag Jardine! The worst possible person on the whole message board

You call Strauss head boy

You are a wind up merchant and have made a fool of yourself this summer

You were wrong, get over it!! :lol:

Wow a whole page of shite and you even tag Jardine! The worst possible person on the whole message board

You call Strauss head boy

You are a wind up merchant and have made a fool of yourself this summer

You were wrong, get over it!! :lol:

Are you going to have a go at explaining how, or is this just another one of your "because I said so" posts?

I think you'll find South African cricket legend Graeme Smith calls Strauss Head Boy very publically, I'm not claiming that as my own, I just happen to agree with the sentiment. Get onto him and tell him to watch another sport.

"A page of shite" are we to take it that you deny saying the things I've listed?

Still waiting for the averages that "prove me wrong".

Are you going to have a go at explaining how, or is this just another one of your "because I said so" posts?

I think you'll find South African cricket legend Graeme Smith calls Strauss Head Boy very publically, I'm not claiming that as my own, I just happen to agree with the sentiment. Get onto him and tell him to watch another sport.

"A page of shite" are we to take it that you deny saying the things I've listed?

Still waiting for the averages that "prove me wrong".

:lol::lol::lol:

This is amazing, absolute gold, you just make it better for me with every post

So you call one of our most successful ever captains head boy because Graeme smith does?

Strauss has got every call since getting his new job absolutely spot on, the cricket is remarkable

I love how much it's annoying you, this is exactly what I wanted when we smashed the Aussies

All the f***ing idiots and low life getting their excuses in, even piers Morgan admitted he got it wrong

I make no apologies for this, you are a compete and utter f***ing idiot. Who has been left with egg all over their face, and you are still carrying on with the head boy stuff

This is what makes this ashes win so sweet, seeing English men who actively wanted to lose left absolutely raging!!

Amazing, can imagine you fuming

I got tickets to the oval today so I'll get a personal picture of your enemy cook lifting the famous urn

Think the South African is playing for the Barbadan Bolts that week, maybe I'll send one his way too

That's enough goading from Me, sorry to the other posters I know it's in bad taste but needed to get it out there. He was still saying we were Shite just 10 days ago. Anyway it's done now. I'll move on

Is that true about being a supposed cricket oracle due to having a friend who's played a few games for the Durham second team?

Ah, so you're not dodging the question, you are just having good goad. I see. Stick those averages up when you get a chance and explain to us all what you're goading about.

For the record, the cricket certainly has not been remarkable from either side, the overall standard - particularly the batting - has been pretty ordinary. If you would answer the question that has been asked of you about five times now, then you'll go some way to understanding that.

You've got a screw loose - you are hell bent on keeping your tongue up the Head Boys arse (everything is down to him, apparently, it was him who made Australia put in one of their worst series performances for decades) but you are not actually making any points to back up your views. Your posts are the message board equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and running away. Do you honestly think that people reading your posts don't see that?

The objective fact - backed up by the statistics you seem so desperate to avoid at all costs - are that England have won this series despite the fact that their batting has been (one bloke aside) pretty shit. I fail to see how that "proves me wrong" for maintaining that KP (and, for the record, Alex Hales) should be in the side. I've asked you a few times now to explain that for us all but you don't want to. If you did, you wouldn't need to apologise to the board as you'd be making an actual contribution.

Still also waiting for you to provide more details on which of the points listed in my "full page of shite" we're incorrect. If you have not been pulled up by people for talking shore in those topics, now is the time to say so.

Finally - you've again dropped in the fact that you have been to test matches as some sort of badge of honour. Do you honestly believe that that the rest of us (or at least most of us posting on this board) haven't? Even in respect of the posters who haven't - does that make your opinion more valid than theirs? Or are you still hanging your hat on the "mate who may or may not have played for Durham 2s" angle.

Looking forward to your reasoned response, setting out the basis for the points you keep claiming to make. You really should start with those series averages though; if you keep neglecting to post them, then anyone reading this thread could be forgiven for assuming that they back me up, not you.

Is that true about being a supposed cricket oracle due to having a friend who's played a few games for the Durham second team?

Also been spotted at Lords doing an unofficial members survey on the KP issue. Taken cumulatively, it starts to look like a pretty daunting cricket CV.

It's not true in the slightest

I'm no oracle just a normal poster with an opinion . Unlike sweeper whose a complete idiot

Johnson strikes again I see. :rolleyes:
A really good forum ruined by one poster who's natural habitat should clearly be pure football.
The general consensus prior to this ashes was that Australia would retain the urn (Johnson went for England so congratulations). Does that mean that anyone who plumped for the Aussies this summer are now devastated that their forecast on an Internet forum has proved incorrect? That's certainly what it seems this great cricketing sage is saying.
My opinion prior to the series was that our batting line up would struggle against their attack and by and large it has, what I didn't envisage was just how well our bowlers would perform. One of them bowlers Steven Finn @johnson slammed the selection of as well. I can only assume he was gutted to be proven incorrect on this.
The fact he calls people lowlifes who don't share his point of view is frankly staggering to be honest.
Of course I could bring up some of his gems regarding our World Cup prospects and how he didn't pay any attention to strike rates, happy to have ian bell opening up and that 250 was a good score! :lol:
Also how he totally dismissed anyone who didn't share his view that gary balance was the second coming of bradman and that anyone picking an ashes side without him (shane warne included) were only people who dipped in and out of the game!
I'm nearing the end of my 25th season playing cricket by the way @johnson. I'd say that would indicate I might have a reasonable understanding of the game.

Must.... not...... get..... drawn.... in..... and..... make...... obvious...... joke
Pure football is a real obvious joke! So many contradictory posters on one forum is quite staggering. Thankfully this one is a nice relief from that until of course Johnson turns the place into a farce!

We won the ashes so therefore Sweeper's (valid) point about the top order failing (for the most part) is incorrect? And we should just 'get over' the fact it failed?

Goodness me...

Your emoticons are the equivalent of a child saying they didn't hear the relevant part of the argument/debate.

For sweeper;

England's batting stats from this years ashes..

Root - 443 runs @ 78.83. 7 innings.
Bairstow - 79 runs at 39.50. 2 innings,
Ali - 228 @ 38.00 in 6.
Wood - 73 @ 36.50 in 5.
Bell - 192 @ 32.00 in 7.
Cook - 223 @ 31.85 in 7.
Stokes - 186 @ 31.00 in 6.
Broad - 123 @ 24.60 in 6.
Ballance - 98 @ 24.50 in 4.
Buttler - 79 @ 13.16 in 6.
Lyth - 86 @ 12.28 in 7.
Anderson - 11 @ 2.75 in 5.
Finn - 0 @ * in 2.

Make of them what you will about how the top order have done this series..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back