england v australia ashes 4th test trent bridge 2015

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephen cartwright

weather looks set fair so another result is possible. hope its like last year when 600 played 500 and a draw as i have a bet on eng win 2-1 at 12s so need two draws.

just out of interest, tickets for days 4 and five are available.

Massive game, if Anderson was fit I would be very confident England won win the Ashes with ease

The pitch is looking exactly the same as Birmingham, but the weather is looking better

Aussies expected to make a few changes

The big question for me is if we win the toss what do we do? Bat or Bowl?

I can't decide, merits to both answer, if Aussies had managed to get 300 on Day 1 last time, they would of been on top. Can't expect to bowl someone out so cheaply every innings

Aye especially when he knows what Hazelwood and co have in store for him. I know it's a minor thing but I'd like to see him and Cook switch in the order so Cook faces the first over, might ease his nerves a bit

Yeah wonder why that is, might be his choice? Seems like he wants bat on ball. His main problem is he looks in 2 minds. If he's natural stroke player then he should go out and play his shots, he can't play like cook if he hasn't got the defence!

did you miss my thread i posted before this one.

to be fair this is a constructive thread

bin this badly constructed thread for the immaculate one @johnson started after i had created this thread.

i know my place

Aye especially when he knows what Hazelwood and co have in store for him. I know it's a minor thing but I'd like to see him and Cook switch in the order so Cook faces the first over, might ease his nerves a bit
I've always felt Cook plays better at 2 personally. When he was struggling for form shortly after Strauss retired, it just seemed like him not having that look at the bowling from the non-striker's end was adding unnecessary pressure very early in his innings. For me, he looks like a natural number 2, while Lyth, for all his faults, just has the look of a number 1. Hopefully he can find some form tomorrow.

If he's natural stroke player then he should go out and play his shots,

I thought leaving the ball with intent was the way to bat? :lol:

You are right though, looks so indecisive, should just play some f***ing shots, fortune favours the brave.

I WILL BOOKMARK AND TREASURE THIS POST, MORE THAN ANY OTHER.

10.17 pm wednesday 5th august 2016. is there a full moon?

He said sorry.:cool:

Hope Lyth gets some runs but the main thing is the team does well.

Peter Moores' pal Trotty got a first ball duck tonight. Left a straight one out LBW :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back