england v australia ashes 4th test trent bridge 2015

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We won the ashes so therefore Sweeper's (valid) point about the top order failing (for the most part) is incorrect? And we should just 'get over' the fact it failed?

Goodness me...

Your emoticons are the equivalent of a child saying they didn't hear the relevant part of the argument/debate.

For sweeper;

England's batting stats from this years ashes..

Root - 443 runs @ 78.83. 7 innings.
Bairstow - 79 runs at 39.50. 2 innings,
Ali - 228 @ 38.00 in 6.
Wood - 73 @ 36.50 in 5.
Bell - 192 @ 32.00 in 7.
Cook - 223 @ 31.85 in 7.
Stokes - 186 @ 31.00 in 6.
Broad - 123 @ 24.60 in 6.
Ballance - 98 @ 24.50 in 4.
Buttler - 79 @ 13.16 in 6.
Lyth - 86 @ 12.28 in 7.
Anderson - 11 @ 2.75 in 5.
Finn - 0 @ * in 2.

Make of them what you will about how the top order have done this series..

I will

Fuck off

Most all higher than KPs recent test series averages

The fact you people are still going on about him now is very very very sad

Fully aware I'm being childish, it's deliberate, ashes safe for another 2 years

Sweeper predicted a 7-0 whitewash this summer, and it didn't turn out that way. Refuses to give England any credit what so ever and we only won because the Aussies are now shite. Not sure why people can't give the players and the captain in particular credit. Jardine genuinely said before the last test that the win had nothing to do with cooks captaincy. So make no apologies for gloating to them 2. Respect every other poster on the boards opinion, even if we don't agree. Just not them 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eh? Are you suggesting that England's top order (or for that matter, anyone other than Root), had anything better than a mediocre series with the bat? If so, let's see those averages.

It's telling that you aren't actually making any points of note. It's because you know you're wrong. You don't want to post the bare facts, as I have asked you to do, because they don't in any way back you up.

The England top order did enough in being no worse than the Aussie top order, sometimes it's just about doing a job.

I will

Fuck off

Most all higher than KPs recent test series averages

The fact you people are still going on about him now is very very very sad

Fully aware I'm being childish, it's deliberate, ashes safe for another 2 years

Sweeper predicted a 7-0 whitewash this summer, and it didn't turn out that way. Refuses to give England any credit what so ever and we only won because the Aussies are now shite. Not sure why people can't give the players and the captain in particular credit. Jardine genuinely said before the last test that the win had nothing to do with cooks captaincy. So make no apologies for gloating to them 2. Respect every other poster on the boards opinion, even if we don't agree. Just not them 2.

I most certainly did not. There an Ashes prediction thread on here which you can look up if you want to. I posted a prediction in it and it was not a whitewash. If you had a genuine point to make you wouldn't have to resort to bare faced lies. It's particularly daft to make claims that any one of us could rubbish with a quick search of the forum,

The England top order did enough in being no worse than the Aussie top order, sometimes it's just about doing a job.

You, me and a few randoms off Roker sea front could have performed better than the Australia top order. It's not a sensible yardstick to measure against. My prediction was that England's batting would struggle against the Australian bowling (even without their best bowler), and the figures back that up. England's batting in this series -on pretty flat pitches by home standards - has been poor. A combination of disciplined England bowling and astonishly bad antipodean batting has papered over those cracks, but they are still there.

Last edited:
I most certainly did not. There an Ashes prediction thread on here which you can look up if you want to. I posted a prediction in it and it was not a whitewash. If you had a genuine point to make you wouldn't have to resort to bare faced lies. It's particularly daft to make claims that any one of us could rubbish with a quick search of the forum,

You, me and a few randoms off Roker sea front could have performed better than the Australia top order. It's not a sensible yardstick to measure against. My prediction was that England's batting would struggle against the Australian bowling (even without their best bowler), and the figures back that up. England's batting in this series -on pretty flat pitches by home standards - has been poor. A combination of disciplined England bowling and astonishly bad antipodean batting has papered over those cracks, but they are still there.

Eh :) by international standards 3 of the 4 pitches were in no way, shape of form flat. The movement through the air and off the seam at Edgbaston and TB was quite extravagant and groundsmen left a bit of extra grass on to ensure this was the case.

No need to overegg your argument.

Eh :) by international standards 3 of the 4 pitches were in no way, shape of form flat. The movement through the air and off the seam at Edgbaston and TB was quite extravagant and groundsmen left a bit of extra grass on to ensure this was the case.

No need to overegg your argument.

It was only two tests ago that the media were going as far as to point the finger at England for doctoring the pitches and taking too much out of them for the bowlers.

The third and fourth tests were an improvement but were by no means Headingley 1990. At Trent Bridge it did a bit, but was hardly haggling about off the seam.

Regardless, I'm sure we can all agree that on any interpretation, the pitches certainly haven't been in any way bad.

It was only two tests ago that the media were going as far as to point the finger at England for doctoring the pitches and taking too much out of them for the bowlers.

The third and fourth tests were an improvement but were by no means Headingley 1990. At Trent Bridge it did a bit, but was hardly haggling about off the seam.

Regardless, I'm sure we can all agree that on any interpretation, the pitches certainly haven't been in any way bad.
You're right on the pitches, they have't been bad and at Trent Bridge and also at Sophia Gardens most of the movement was swing.

One things that's starting to get on my wick is Sky constantly comparing this series to 2005. Yea, England have played well but 2005 was on another level altogether from both an England and Australian perspective.

You're right on the pitches, they have't been bad and at Trent Bridge and also at Sophia Gardens most of the movement was swing.

One things that's starting to get on my wick is Sky constantly comparing this series to 2005. Yea, England have played well but 2005 was on another level altogether from both an England and Australian perspective.

Agreed - 2005 saw two high quality teams going at it with neither wanting to give an inch.

This series has been mediocre by comparison. Australia in particular embarrassed themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back