england v australia ashes 1st test cardiff 2015

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair enough but we were better than them

But for bad light at oval it would of been 4-0

We got hammered but Australia were poor Before that just did better than expected
Australia did enough to win 2 tests in 2013 - Weather saved us at Old Trafford and they were in the ascendency at The Oval until the generous declaration. 4-0 would have been a travesty

Australia did enough to win 2 tests in 2013 - Weather saved us at Old Trafford and they were in the ascendency at The Oval until the generous declaration. 4-0 would have been a travesty

Cant believe Johnson thinks we deserved to beat them at the Oval. :) They bossed the game then set us 230 or thereabouts on the final day in a desperate attempt to force a result. That was the game Andy Flower thought it would be nice to give two bairns a run out instead of grinding them into the dirt with a 4-0 scoreline.

They were in charge of the fourth test at CLS until the final innings and Trent Bridge they came within 15 runs of winning. The only game we bossed was Lord's. We didn't score 400 once in the entire series. We could hardly have complained if the series finished 2-2.

:lol: They love a good whinge about Watson.

Cant believe Johnson thinks we deserved to beat them at the Oval. :) They bossed the game then set us 230 or thereabouts on the final day in a desperate attempt to force a result. That was the game Andy Flower thought it would be nice to give two bairns a run out instead of grinding them into the dirt with a 4-0 scoreline.

They were in charge of the fourth test at CLS until the final innings and Trent Bridge they came within 15 runs of winning. The only game we bossed was Lord's. We didn't score 400 once in the entire series. We could hardly have complained if the series finished 2-2.

Yeah to say only bad light stopped us winning at the Oval is technically true,but considering they declaration really queer way to look at things IMO

because the ashes is a million times more important than some game of hit and giggle.

As much as I agree with your comment about the Ashes been a million times more important than a county T20 game.

T20 is not hit and giggle, it is a important and highly entertaining form of today's cricket calendar and the skills on show are excellent.

There is room in the calendar for test cricket and T20 and don't understand the need for people to belittle a form of the game that gets fans watching and enjoying in large numbers.

Last edited:
As much as I agree with your comment about the Ashes been a million times more important than a county T20 game.

T20 is not hit and giggle, it is a important and highly entertaining form of today's cricket calendar and the skills on show are excellent.

There is room in the calendar for test cricket and T20 and don't understand the need for people to belittle a form of the game that gets fans watching and enjoying in large numbers.

personally, i just don't have alot of interest in it. that is just how i feel, the fact that t20 is becoming more important than country cricket [best months of summer devoted to it for example] makes it even worse.

i don't really find it that entertaining and think the skills on show are counter balanced by the embarrassing 'kitchen sink throw at it' slogs and such.

:lol:

What the fuck? Yet again wrong. Didn't say we deserved to win at oval at all

We deserved the 3 wins, to suggest we didn't deserve to win in Chester is ludicrous and we absolutely destroyed them at lords

I'm sorry but they well beaten in that series and the score line reflects that

Oz needed 340 to win at Chester, having watched cricket there my whole life it was never going to happen.

No offence

But no idea why people just decide to excuse away that series. So many ifs and buts and maybes. None of which didn't happen

Every test can go anyway but you don't get lucky after 5 days. What if England hadn't let a number 11 get 98 at Trent bridge for example, would of been a massive victory.

Know ifs and buts in a 5 match series, best team always wins

Apologies for spelling, iPhone bad

Last edited by a moderator:
personally, i just don't have alot of interest in it. that is just how i feel, the fact that t20 is becoming more important than country cricket [best months of summer devoted to it for example] makes it even worse.

i don't really find it that entertaining and think the skills on show are counter balanced by the embarrassing 'kitchen sink throw at it' slogs and such.

Everyone to their own mate,don't get me wrong the Ashes will always be the pinnacle of the sport and rightly soo.

But I happen to think that T20 is highly entertaining and has brought well needed revenue to a number of counties.

Some of the skills learned in T20 have been transferred to test cricket,and without a doubt test cricket is more watchable because of this.

Not necessarily you mate,but in general don't understand the snobbish comments like hit and giggle and pyjama cricket.

Competitions like the IPL is watched in the bucket load and the atmosphere in the grounds looks excellent.

T20 as a whole is good for cricket IMO.

People have always before even t20 was thought off like watching players hit the ball out of the park,people like Botham,Richards,Sobers hot people off their seats,not the likes of Boycott and Tavare

Last edited:
Everyone to their own mate,don't get me wrong the Ashes will always be the pinnacle of the sport and rightly soo.

But I happen to think that T20 is highly entertaining and has brought well needed revenue to a number of counties.

Some of the skills learned in T20 have been transferred to test cricket,and without a doubt test cricket is more watchable because of this.

Not necessarily you mate,but in general don't understand the snobbish comments like hit and giggle and pyjama cricket.

Competitions like the IPL is watched in the bucket load and the atmosphere in the grounds looks excellent.

T20 as a whole is good for cricket IMO.

People have always before even t20 was thought off like watching players hit the ball out of the park,people like Botham,Richards,Sobers hot people off their seats,not the likes of Boycott and Tavare
Tavare my hero, lad.

no no mate, i am genuinely a total snob about it, no problem with admitting that.

watching the IPL depresses me, i really don't enjoy watching it and whilst the atmosphere 'looks excellent' when i am in cricket crowds like that i generally hate it. bizarre because at the football i'll sing, shout, clap etc etc and make as much noise as anyone, but at cricket when you get the football crowd atmosphere i really hate. odd i know, still on the beers all day at a 4 day match but

There is a video doing the rounds on YouTube/Facebook where Watson is shown as the only man capable of being lbw when fielding - for those who haven't see it, it's a ODI where Clarke has a shy at the stumps and Watson is standing in front of them and gets smacked on the leg (not sure if he reviewed it)

Think this is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back