england v australia ashes 1st test cardiff 2015

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we were. We were on a downward trajectory and they were on an up.

My prediction for this series is 3-1 to Australia but I admit I'm getting nervous, probably more than that because if that score happens it would mean we wouldn't win another. Still I'll stand by it for now at least as I think this pitch will be slower and lower than any of the others and I think that will benefit the Mitchells who must be aching to have a go back at England.

And of course the Aussies like to play well at Lords above all other English venues. It should be interesting and in a sense if there aren't any twists and turns I'll be disappointed, a bit.

i was tempted to change my prediction from 2-1 aus to 2-2 and now i wish i had, this result will give us massive confidence. won't be gutted if i am wrong and we win like

I don't think we were. We were on a downward trajectory and they were on an up.

My prediction for this series is 3-1 to Australia but I admit I'm getting nervous, probably more than that because if that score happens it would mean we wouldn't win another. Still I'll stand by it for now at least as I think this pitch will be slower and lower than any of the others and I think that will benefit the Mitchells who must be aching to have a go back at England.

And of course the Aussies like to play well at Lords above all other English venues. It should be interesting and in a sense if there aren't any twists and turns I'll be disappointed, a bit.

Fair enough but we were better than them

But for bad light at oval it would of been 4-0

We got hammered but Australia were poor Before that just did better than expected

Well worth a read.....by an aussie too I think

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/897605.html

Knee jerk bollocks that. They deserve respect because they are a top side. They have lost one match on a wicket that was purpose built to frustrate their bowlers where they lost the toss. They will be right up for the Lords game.

Is there anything Aussie fans won't blame on Watto? Suspect he will be replaced by Swampy junior at Lord's anyway.

Either a whoosh or you are thicker than a bulls lug :lol:

You know what I always find amazing. English fans apparently don't like Aussies because of the arrogant attitude in winning. Yet, one game into a series after losing the previous by a whitewash... ^^^

It'll never change but it just astounds me that a nation of fans can't see the mag like hypocrisy! :lol:

Have you really took a piss take comment, almost bordering on offensive, as serious!? Dear me you've have a colossal mare mate :lol:

Knee jerk bollocks that. They deserve respect because they are a top side. They have lost one match on a wicket that was purpose built to frustrate their bowlers where they lost the toss. They will be right up for the Lords game.

Is there anything Aussie fans won't blame on Watto? Suspect he will be replaced by Swampy junior at Lord's anyway.
That article is like the mag journos every time time we beat them :lol:

Also lemme get this straight Australian cricket has always been better than English cricket? I'm not sure if the writer made that clear enough.

From Boycott's column today.....

Starc's problem is bony spurs on his foot and he *will* need an operation. But maybe not yet if they can nurse him through.

That article is like the mag journos every time time we beat them

Nailed on.

As for 'always better', England had the upper hand for most of the 70's, 80's and 2009-2013.

From Boycott's column today.....

Starc's problem is bony spurs on his foot and he *will* need an operation. But maybe not yet if they can nurse him through.

Lost the link cos of Chrome for frigging Android, but the Crims are putting on a brave face, reckon he is 'making good progress', it is a 'common fastbowler's tweak' etc and he will be fit for Lord's.

They'd have to be utter tools to risk a player of his ability with a recurring injury at Lord's.

Last edited:
Just pleased the series is clearly going to be competitive

We have a habit for letting things slip lately.

I also want to see cook bat normally this test, let the rest attack round him

I fear Cook was swiping a bit outside off stump as well as giving Nathan Lyon the charge. He should just play his natural game.

Yeah it's great when players attack but when you're as good as Cook you just need to play your natural game and the runs will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back