england v australia ashes 1st test cardiff 2015

• Thread starter stephen cartwright
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
no no mate, i am genuinely a total snob about it, no problem with admitting that.

watching the IPL depresses me, i really don't enjoy watching it and whilst the atmosphere 'looks excellent' when i am in cricket crowds like that i generally hate it. bizarre because at the football i'll sing, shout, clap etc etc and make as much noise as anyone, but at cricket when you get the football crowd atmosphere i really hate. odd i know, still on the beers all day at a 4 day match but

People tend to forget,that 20 over cricket was played at local clubs well before T20 was introduced to first class cricket,I was brought up watching my local cricket team play many cup matches over 20 overs on long summers nights,and can ensure people that was proper cricket! and when the big overseas pros came to play at my local cricket ground it was packed and that is because people wanted to see the big shots,sixes etc from these players.

Fans have always wanted to watch the cricket entertainers playing big shots and always will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back