England players show zero passion

Probably right and probably reflected in the overall lethargy.

Even at the end Southgate commented on wanting to win, but if not then not losing, which is quite obvious, but if you're actually like most of us you would be too gutted at being 2nd best in most areas to f**king Scotland to be reflecting positively on the draw.
Thought the manager looked very uncomfortable in the interview

Marra they are shite, got themselves up for 1 big game. Like we have seen at the sol plenty of times over last few seasons.

Next game Croatia will put a few past them.
Are we going back to the future? We beat Croatia with a modest 1-0 win? We'll beat Czech Republic but for the 'flair' players we have we're shite to watch!

Are we going back to the future? We beat Croatia with a modest 1-0 win? We'll beat Czech Republic but for the 'flair' players we have we're shite to watch!
Yes we are shite because we are frightened to have a go. We are never going to win anything being frightened to attack teams.

We would prefer to play it safe, like tonight.

Yes we are shite because we are frightened to have a go. We are never going to win anything being frightened to attack teams.

We would prefer to play it safe, like tonight.
Yet, when Southgate first took over he was all for attacking. Now, his defensive mindset has caught up with us, mental Grealish doesn't start.

Think it was a mistake playing younger lads less experienced like James, who gave nothing attacking wise and went inside everytime taking the easy option.

Following his master's orders.

He did put in 1 cross that skidded fast off the turf, otherwise Kane might've directed it better.
Taking the safe,easy option seems to be the golden gareth rule - Rice epitomises his outlook. Foden taken off for trying to be too direct.
Southgate isn't a very good coach. He's not the most suitable person to get the best out of this talented group of players.

I'd swap him for Luis Enrique in a heartbeat

Last edited:
Other than Pickford the lack of fight tonight was embarrassing, they don't play as a team and don't seem to care about representing a nation. Kane as captain is embarrassing, he's offers absolutely nothing as a captain.
Cant disagree really and get the impression we were content and very reserved with the personnel and tactics. We were instructed to keep the ball, utterly boring stuff
The sooner the tournament is over the sooner they can swan off on their holidays.

The full backs were crap. They provided no support whatsoever, that said, they were probably following Southgate's instructions.
They were key for me, call me old fashioned but how many times did they just go for it and beat a man and get a cross in rather than stop and pass back? Woeful attacking play, and to make matters worse the supposed 3rd worse team had a far better attacking fullback on display (albeit playing further up)

Last edited:
Does anyone honesty care? Over the moon when we win and seething when we lose. Feel neither when it comes to England.
Haven’t felt like that about England since the 2010 WC.

Ever since I just laugh or sigh.

Mentally inept and lacking leaders of men on the park. Didn’t see Kane grabbing the youngsters by the scruff of the neck urging them on. Roy Keane had that doubt about him pre euros and it’s painfully true.

Pickford was the only player who seemed to demonstrate any ounce of passion.

Last edited:
I think playing in the scorching heat at altitude probably did for us tonight. Wait till we play in more typically British weather conditions and you’ll really see us move up a gear.
96 you could dream
That 4-1 v Netherlands is about the best all round game I’ve seen England play since the 1970 World Cup in Mexico. We were just playing some superb football that evening.

Last edited:
Southgate said after the game that England were too frantic at times and needed to be more patient.. 🤣😂🤣😂

it was like watching us man, 29 sideways passes then give the ball away

Back