England in India thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compton scored runs for fun all season and has a few good knocks in the warm up games. I wouldn't say it's a problem, since someone has more than earned their chance. It is however a bit of a risk throwing him in to debut in India, but if he's good enough it'll not matter, just look at Cook's debut.

I hope you're right. I guess a few of us are just a little jittery after Strauss has left us a big hole in the opening slot.

Hope Compton takes his chance with a plomb.

I would open with Bell in India

Make the Indians open the bowling with a spinner when they will be easier to get away.

Bell will do nothing in the middle order when the ball is old and soft against spin

Make the Indians open the bowling with a spinner when they will be easier to get away.

Bell will do nothing in the middle order when the ball is old and soft against spin

Now thats just silly. Even though I agree about Bell's defiencies against spin, opening with him would be just too left field.

Now thats just silly. Even though I agree about Bell's defiencies against spin, opening with him would be just too left field.

I must have missed the bit where Bell comes out in the middle order on the sub continent and looks assured of himself. The phrase 'walking wicket' springs to mind

Anyone planning on getting up for this?? I watched pretty much all the Ashes the winter before last, and then went to work afterwards, which left me pretty f***ing tired at the end of the working day :lol:.

Don't think I'll do that this time, although I get up at 6.30 normally so 4.30 isn't much different if I get to bed earlier the night before!

I could listen to the glorious TMS at work too so wouldn't miss much action either on telly or on the wireless.

Or there's the option of avoiding all media on workdays, such as Thursday, then watching the highlights (5pm-7pm) as live, without knowing the score :lol:.

And in summary - yes, I am a sad fucker! :oops:

In the absence of investing in Root we should go this way.

Anyone planning on getting up for this?? I watched pretty much all the Ashes the winter before last, and then went to work afterwards, which left me pretty f***ing tired at the end of the working day :lol:.

Don't think I'll do that this time, although I get up at 6.30 normally so 4.30 isn't much different if I get to bed earlier the night before!

I could listen to the glorious TMS at work too so wouldn't miss much action either on telly or on the wireless.

Or there's the option of avoiding all media on workdays, such as Thursday, then watching the highlights (5pm-7pm) as live, without knowing the score :lol:.

Always do :lol:

Was up watching Clarke & Cowan bat last night - was brilliant viewing. Tired now though

& yes I'm a sad fucker!

As always :cool:

I think the team for the first test will be:

Cook
Compton
Trott
KP
Bell
Patel
Prior
Bresnan
Broad
Swann
Anderson

I'll have a go at guessing the scores too:
Eng 1st inns - 310
Ind 1st inns - 330
Eng 2nd inns - 260
Ind 2nd inns - 241 for 5
India win by 5 wickets

Broad off for a scan on a heel injury. Which is good news for Onions and England IMO. I don't rate that c*nt Broad whatsoever and his attitude stinks. I've still not forgiven the ECB for making him captain of the T20 side over Colly who had just won us the World Cup!

it's almost a bit scary how much we agree on cricketing things :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back