England in India thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swann has flown home to be with his ill daughter, hope it's nothing too serious :-(

This tour already has a feeling of impending disaster about it before its even really began.

Swann has flown home to be with his ill daughter, hope it's nothing too serious :-(

This tour already has a feeling of impending disaster about it before its even really began.

Hows that? Broad is expected to be fit and they have said Swann will be back in a few days.

Aye but, Finn is still Finn, and id rather have Morgan in than Compton. Its a personal preference. The team I posted IMO has the best balance/ chance of taking on the Indians

I agree about Finn, it's a pisser he got injured in the first warm up game as he's got a good record on Indian pitches, sadly we'll have to wait until the 2nd test at least to see him. Personally, I'd go with Compton, Trott just seems to be the best man for the number 3 role.

I'm not disagreeing with you. But they won't play that team

Hairy muff mate. I reckon your right. They'll go for the safe option as always.

I agree about Finn, it's a pisser he got injured in the first warm up game as he's got a good record on Indian pitches, sadly we'll have to wait until the 2nd test at least to see him. Personally, I'd go with Compton, Trott just seems to be the best man for the number 3 role.

Trott is a number 3, your right on that like. However as we have no other suitable opening candidate imo. I reckon its not a push for trott to move up one. As id go for Morgan in the middle order. I know he's not had the best test career so far. But I reckon if we perservere he'll come good. Plus he's pretty decent at playing spin, which our middle order is severly lacking.

Moving Trott would mean him batting in a new position and then creating a new problem of number three. I guess it would be Bell but not convinced he is a 3 and hs been out of sorts recently.

Definitely big problem of finding another opener. If Cook was missing we'd be in huge trouble and would prbbaly have to then move Trott up to open. Here's hoping Root and co come through quickly.

Moving Trott would mean him batting in a new position and then creating a new problem of number three. I guess it would be Bell but not convinced he is a 3 and hs been out of sorts recently.

Definitely big problem of finding another opener. If Cook was missing we'd be in huge trouble and would prbbaly have to then move Trott up to open. Here's hoping Root and co come through quickly.

Compton scored runs for fun all season and has a few good knocks in the warm up games. I wouldn't say it's a problem, since someone has more than earned their chance. It is however a bit of a risk throwing him in to debut in India, but if he's good enough it'll not matter, just look at Cook's debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back