England 23 man squad for euros....

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
Again its all opinions.
Southgate may well look to youth in Abraham and development, i like Ings who is older, fox in the box type.
Matured into a good player, not unlike KP.
At the moment Abraham is favourite...but.
Ings is better. Abraham is out the picture more or less as a definite no brain starter with Giroud coming back for Chew-sea

Ings is better. Abraham is out the picture more or less as a definite no brain starter with Giroud coming back for Chew-sea

This. Ings is the more complete striker.. Abraham doesn't seem to be kicking on, granted, its his first season in Premier league and he's done well.

Next season is massive for him if he wants to make the Euros.

It'll be the most interesting and contentious selection for years. Some big names could miss out. A lot can change in a year. A complete unknown / unfancied could have an unbelievable season. I think Williams at Man utd looks class. Barkley could flourish next season under Lampard. On the flip side Maguires stock has plumetted since the last World Cup. There's a gap there crying out for a centre half to have a strong season. Could even be someone who is currently unfancied.

This. Ings is the more complete striker.. Abraham doesn't seem to be kicking on, granted, its his first season in Premier league and he's done well.

Next season is massive for him if he wants to make the Euros.
I mean he won't plump for Ings - but that's another story.
One of the more natural finishers you will see..

Chilwell is England's number one left back. And he's a very good left back, not sure why he would never go tbh. Williams is nowhere near the England squad yet, and even if Chilwell for whatever bizarre reason wasn't included, you'd have Shaw, and then Rose in the pecking order.

Williams has played a lot of games for a young lad. He is getting in to the team over Shaw. Rose is on the decline massively. If he has a good season next year he stands every chance.

I mean he won't plump for Ings - but that's another story.
One of the more natural finishers you will see..

Hard to disagree with that, but it's sometimes difficult to be given a chance in the England squad on merit alone. Completely wrong, but been that way for years now.
Williams has played a lot of games for a young lad. He is getting in to the team over Shaw. Rose is on the decline massively. If he has a good season next year he stands every chance.

No doubting Williams looks good, but I'd be surprised if he makes the Euros, Shaw has started the games since Premier League resumed and hasn't looked bad.

If you were Southgate would you try and talk Jamie Vardy out of retirement to come back for the Euros...?

Have a really good feeling for us over the next few years. Have what seems a good bunch of lads, a manager who believes in them and they are only going to get better.

Its coming home. Euro and world Cup double.

😎😎

What are peoples thoughts on Saka? He's a great looking talent and is having a strong end to the season for Arsenal. Would depend on how he fares next season but he's only going to go from strength to strength.

He looks good!

Would be an added bonus of being able to play a few positions aswell. He has played left back, left wing and right wing for Arsenal so far.

Back