England 23 man squad for euros....

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45378

Latest odds to make the 23 man squad
Barring injury these 9 are certainties according to the bookies
Maguire, Pickford, Sterling, Kane, Alexander Arnold, Sancho, Rashford,J Henderson, Chilwell

Odds on the rest(best prices)
Maddison 1/5
D Henderson 1/5
N Pope 1/5
J gomez 1/5
D Rice 1/5
A Oxlade Chamberlain 1/4
J Stones 1/3
D Alli 2/5
P Foden 2/5
J Grealish 4/7
M mount 10/11
M Greenwood 4/5
A wan bissakka evens
L Shaw 5/4
F tomori 5/4
H winks 6/4
R Loftus cheek 7/4
D ings 2/1
T mings 2/1
D Rose 2/1
T Abraham 9/4
R Barkley 5/2
K Walker 5/2

Selected others
M Holgate 4/1
C Smalling 4/1
H Barnes 7/1
C Hudson odoi 10/1
J Bellingham 16/1
J Lingaard 16/1

One bookie has Tammy Abraham odds on to make the squad while the other has him 9/4....

The value bets for me are Wan Bissakka at evens and maybe Holgate at 4/1

If I was Southgate I would not take Alli or Oxlade Chamberlain....i don't rate Rice either but we need cover for Henderson so he will go.

Have Chilwell as a certainty but not Foden? Considering how he has finished this season and the fact he will be playing more regularly next season I'd be damn surprised if he doesn't make it.

I'd also add Greenwood as a sure thing too.

Last edited:
Have Chilwell as a certainty but not Foden? Considering how he has finished this season and the fact he will be playing more regularly next season I'd be damn surprised if he doesn't make it.
Chilwell has 11 caps... Foden has none plus England's midfield is jam packed with candidates but yeah I think they both will go

Chilwell has 11 caps... Foden has none plus England's midfield is jam packed with candidates but yeah I think they both will go

Alli has 37 caps and I wouldn't take him, not sure what that has to do with it. I'm not saying he probably shouldn't go, just wouldn't have him as a certainty. If for example he had a shocker of a season and Brandon Williams plays well he could easily be replaced.

Last edited:
Should Grealish make the squad?? I'm unsure.... Think I'd rather take Mount or Barkley.

Think my money would be on Barkley at those odds. Some experience will be needed and he easily has the capability to have a season at Chelsea to push him into the reckoning. Needs to mature as Southgate puts loads of emphasis on attitude and character.

Danny Ings for me.
18 goals this season.
Has another solid season next year and he should get in.

Rashford/Sterling are wide players.
I things ings is a good shout... But do you not think Southgate might plump for the strength of Abraham as a replacement for Kane

Alli has 37 caps and I wouldn't take him, not sure what that has to do with it. I'm not saying he probably shouldn't go, just wouldn't have him as a certainty. If for example he had a shocker of a season and Brandon Williams plays well he could easily be replaced.

Chilwell is England's number one left back. And he's a very good left back, not sure why he would never go tbh. Williams is nowhere near the England squad yet, and even if Chilwell for whatever bizarre reason wasn't included, you'd have Shaw, and then Rose in the pecking order.

I things ings is a good shout... But do you not think Southgate might plump for the strength of Abraham as a replacement for Kane

Again its all opinions.
Southgate may well look to youth in Abraham and development, i like Ings who is older, fox in the box type.
Matured into a good player, not unlike KP.
At the moment Abraham is favourite...but.

Back