England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 UEFA EURO 2020 Group D kick off 2000 ITV 1/ STV / ITV Hub / STV Player

He was pretty good for a youngster. Didn't start well but grew into it.

This. He's going to be very good for Scotland (and Chelsea, I suppose). As the game developed you could see his confidence grow - he was looking for the forward pass first and if it wasn't, he recycled it. The England midfield seemed to do the opposite - took the 'safe' option as the default.

England's first two performances have really taken the wind out of my sails.

Seeing teams like Hungary and Switzerland really having a go, Italy attacking at speed, the Germans playing we'll etc and then us, a team many of us really believe has a great set of players, and we're being really cautious and not playing to their attacking and creative strengths.

Hope it changes for the next match.

No not at all, the point I made badly was the bloke we have in charge is no where near as good tactically as any of the coaches that got the English teams to the final of the Champions League.
Southgate is our weakest link.
Couldn’t agree more, I don’t even think he’s fit to manage Sunderland tbh never mind England. If we had a top manager I think we’d be right up there with the favourites in this tournament as we have so much attacking potential in that squad

Back