Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

Combined? My standing charge is half that then I have to cook, run baths and showers, have lights on and TV etc.
Yup, still on a deal with Shell. I have solar with battery, gas only for hob, use leccy for everything else.
I can’t fathom what my leccy goes on tbh. Can only be cooking, washing and laptop when working
I use 1.5kwh overnight just on fridge/freezer. Laptop doesn’t register. Oven gobbles it up as goes tumble dryer and immersion heater.

Last edited:
Look at a petrol volvo xc40 for example. They are about 35 odd grand.

Electric one is 40k.

If you do 10,000 miles a year you’ll be spending at least 2.5k on fuel at todays prices even if you’re driving miss daisy.

Electric car it could be 0 if you have access to a free charger at work, or if you get a cheap off peak home charger it could be £250 to do 10,000 miles.

The electric one will also be worth more after 3 years.

I know this because I drive an electric volvo mate. Petrol and diesel cars are a mugs game.
Lolz

I only pay 40 per month with EDF for a one bedroom flat. Was 30 before the increase. Most of it is standing charge cos I’m out quite a bit. If they double the standing charge again in October it’s getting bypassed like (joking)

Gas m leccy £30/= last month, expecting £25/= this month n Aug.

Considering the standing charge is around £22pm, you mustn't use much at all. 😂😂

Edit, just noticed you generate your own electricity, most people don't.

Last edited:
At least we'll own nothing and be happy.
It'll be terrifying for anyone on benefits, I'm sure.

They're getting about £1000 assistance, but it'll still be a huge amount to find out of a very limited income.
No doubt another 150 council tax rebate coming but it just won't be enough for so many people.

Pensioners are going to be fucked

They still haven't paid the £400 October amount, or the £650 for the poor yet. I think they'll wait until after that to do anything further

Back