Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

Completely agree it's absolutely disgusting and inevitably impact the cost of everything. Been really worried about those less fortunate along with those that aren't expecting the impacts of what this winter will bring.
Economy will go down the toilet like nobody has alive has ever known.

People will hoard money in fear of future rises.

My mortgage is pretty small (thank fuck cos rentals down here are disgusting) i do decent enough for wages as well but its going to affect everyone. Some worse than others of course.

Good mate of mine has done all his Xmas shopping for his kids already in anticipation of being fucked come October. He's probably got the right idea

Paid £78 PCM last year. Went up to £140 and now they want to increase it to £176 despite me being significantly in the black. Looked at cheapest fixed rate deals and it was £250 :neutral: £3k a year on gas and electric? Fuck me.

Cost me £128 in diesel to fill up my car this morning too.

Some arseholes are getting very rich somewhere.

I'm quite a bit in credit but still bumping my DD up gradually each month trying to build as much credit as possible in anticipation of what's going to be a grim winter energy cost wise

Try not to be afraid. Nobody should live in fear.

Keep your head up and reach out to people if you need help, advice or just a rant/cry.

Bottling up stress doesn't do you any good.
I've got lots of different stresses all feeding off each other. I feel like a bottle of pop someone has shaken thoroughly, I'm hoping nobody removes the top just now.......just let me settle, please.

Paid £78 PCM last year. Went up to £140 and now they want to increase it to £176 despite me being significantly in the black. Looked at cheapest fixed rate deals and it was £250 :neutral: £3k a year on gas and electric? Fuck me.

Cost me £128 in diesel to fill up my car this morning too.

Some arseholes are getting very rich somewhere.
You're dam right about that.

Back under 100 dollars a barrel today, back at circa $99.

That's about almost a 30% drop from its peak. I know the pound is down against the dollar but not to that extent

We are being had. Presumably at the refinery stage and at the forecourts. In terms of petrol.

I've got lots of different stresses all feeding off each other. I feel like a bottle of pop someone has shaken thoroughly, I'm hoping nobody removes the top just now.......just let me settle, please.
Take a positive from the fact you've recognised the stresses and take your time to deal with them 1 by 1 best you can. You could overwhelm yourself trying to deal with multiple things at once. Little bits at a time. f***ing energy companies are a disgrace

Martin Lewis reacons £3 k cap in October. 51% rise 🤦‍♂️Don’t normally worry about this shite but an extra grand out of your pocket will hit most peoples lifestyle some way or other.

I may be wrong, I hope I am, but that won't make a difference . Surely from October you'll be charged a higher rate for every therm of gas used.
It depends what type of prepayment meter you have and when you add credit to your prepayment card or key mate.
I put £500 on my gas card and £500 on my electric key on the 30th of march (2days before the price rise), on the 1st April the gas meter automatically increased its standing charge and unit rate but the electric meter did not. Neither of my meters are smart ones but apparently the quantum gas meters are more technically advanced than the electric meter that I have.
So basically I'm still getting my electric at pre April tariffs, I've got about £310 in credit left on it.
I may be wrong, I hope I am, but that won't make a difference . Surely from October you'll be charged a higher rate for every therm of gas used.
Just done a bit digging and apparently ofgem are expected to announce the October price cap change on the 26th of August.

Last edited:

Back