Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

I just have & difference is about £15k
Wouldn't say that was 'not much'
Look at a petrol volvo xc40 for example. They are about 35 odd grand.

Electric one is 40k.

If you do 10,000 miles a year you’ll be spending at least 2.5k on fuel at todays prices even if you’re driving miss daisy.

Electric car it could be 0 if you have access to a free charger at work, or if you get a cheap off peak home charger it could be £250 to do 10,000 miles.

The electric one will also be worth more after 3 years.

I know this because I drive an electric volvo mate. Petrol and diesel cars are a mugs game.

Electric one is 40k.

If you do 10,000 miles a year you’ll be spending at least 2.5k on fuel at todays prices even if you’re driving miss daisy.

Electric car it could be 0 if you have access to a free charger at work, or if you get a cheap off peak home charger it could be £250 to do 10,000 miles.

I know this because I drive an electric volvo mate. Petrol and diesel cars are a mugs game.
How are petrol and diesel car a mugs game? Its all a lot of people can afford. A bit of a silly comment tbf.

Is yours a company car? Or do you rent it?

Electric one is 40k.

Remember your WFH lies?
Cough cough "I'm alright jack"
And there we have it........^^^

Its all If this, & if that.
They work for some & not for others
And for those who don't have access to home & work chargers? Because the public charging infrastructure is shite, and only costs about 5p a mile less than current petrol prices, so not that cheap. Which is then more difficult to claw back the thousands extra for the cost of the vehicle if you're a low milage user.

That electric volvo is actually £45k, so at £10k my point still stands. Other manufacturers, the cheapest UV is quite often about £20k+ more than the cheapest petrol on offer.

Note point 3 & 4 - that's me.

My ICE is cheaper & more environmentally friendly than an EV because I don't do that many miles & keeping it for about 10 years. Those who have an EV lease & replace the car every 3 years have no environmental moral high ground.

Last edited:
Remember your WFH lies?
Cough cough "I'm alright jack"
And there we have it........^^^

Its all If this, & if that.
They work for some & not for others
And for those who don't have access to home & work chargers? Because the public charging infrastructure is shite, and only costs about 5p a mile less than current petrol prices, so not that cheap. Which is then more difficult to claw back the thousands extra for the cost of the vehicle if you're a low milage user.

That electric volvo is actually £45k, so at £10k my point still stands. Other manufacturers, the cheapest UV is quite often about £20k+ more than the cheapest petrol on offer.

Note point 3 & 4 - that's me.

My ICE is cheaper & more environmentally friendly than an EV because I don't do that many miles & keeping it for about 10 years. Those who have an EV lease & replace the car every 3 years have no environmental moral high ground.
What WFH lies are they then? :D

Sorry mate but I’ve absolutely tucked you there. Don’t try and distort it with different figures.

I gave you an illustrative example. The maths are sound.

Your car puts polluting smoke into the air by burning refined oil.

Sorry mate but I’ve absolutely tucked you there. Don’t try and distort it with different figures.

The one where you accused me of being 'all right jack' when it's actually cost me more as you refused to believe that I live with in walking distance.

Anyway, read the article. You have in no way 'tucked me' trolling Jack.

You know the environment impact of mining to make the battery? Yes my car pollutes, but I'm a low milage user.

The one where you accused me of being 'all right jack' when it's actually cost me more as you refused to believe that I live with in walking distance.

Anyway, read the article. You have in no way 'tucked me' trolling Jack.

You know the environment impact of mining to make the battery? Yes my car pollutes, but I'm a low milage user.

You were moaning about having to work from home because it cost you more money, during the height of the pandemic!

The battery that can be recycled or re used to power loads of homes? Yeah tell me about the environmental impact.

Petrol can never be recycled and just to get to the fuel pump creates all sorts of pollution, an EV battery is a one time deal, there’s all sorts of misinformation about this on the internet that you’ve clearly been duped by.

Why have a car at all if you live within walking distance of work and barely use it? Keep your petrol car. Enjoy filling it up when it hits £3 a litre

How are petrol and diesel car a mugs game? Its all a lot of people can afford. A bit of a silly comment tbf.

Is yours a company car? Or do you rent it?
Remember when people were being encouraged to swap over from petrol to cheaper Diesel fuel, then diesel shot up, I can see the same thing happening to electricity, people should always allow an alternative, same goes for cash, we should never lose that, once we do we're fucked.

Remember when people were being encouraged to swap over from petrol to cheaper Diesel fuel, then diesel shot up, I can see the same thing happening to electricity, people should always allow an alternative, same goes for cash, we should never lose that, once we do we're fucked.
Get solar panels and then you set the energy price.

A battery can store it.

Last edited:
You were moaning about having to work from home because it cost you more money, during the height of the pandemic!

The battery that can be recycled or re used to power loads of homes? Yeah tell me about the environmental impact.

Petrol can never be recycled and just to get to the fuel pump creates all sorts of pollution, an EV battery is a one time deal, there’s all sorts of misinformation about this on the internet that you’ve clearly been duped by.

Why have a car at all if you live within walking distance of work and barely use it? Keep your petrol car. Enjoy filling it up when it hits £3 a litre

Lies again. I wasn't moaning, I was proving wrong your pathetic WUM attempts

And, aye cos work is the "only" place people ever venture to :lol:
No visits to family or days out, no nothing, just work:lol:
Another pathetic WUM attempts by the poundshop contrarian.

Realistically how much is that going to cost for an energy inefficient leaky Victorian 4 bed semi? Genuine question.
Does it have a south facing roof and owt in the yard you could put them on.

A 10k system can take a lot of the pain out of bills. Probably pay for itself within 5 years at these insane prices.

Does it have a south facing roof and owt in the yard you could put them on.

A 10k system can take a lot of the pain out of bills. Probably pay for itself within 5 years at these insane prices.
No it’s West-East and there’s nowhere in the garden gets the sun all day without being in shadow from neighbouring properties.

A lot of firms will come out and do a free consultation maybe have a look.

Probably be cheaper to just get the coal fires restored :D
We got our 50 year old boiler with no thermostat replaced with a modern condenser one a couple of years back and heating bills already dropped dramatically. Well till they shot up again :evil:

No it’s West-East and there’s nowhere in the garden gets the sun all day without being in shadow from neighbouring properties.

south is best for maximum production at peak sun - east/west will give you more coverage during the whole day but at a reduced production

its all about how/when you use the energy

(but like everything - more of everything is better)

Is yours a company car or are you renting it, you seem to be avoiding the question. 3 times now...

Back