Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

Managed to reduce my DD to £110 this morning. Tbf, they only asked what's changed to justify it and I do have the boiler switched off at all times unless I want hot water for dishes and washing and they didn't object or try to change my mind. It's an old boiler and I did notice it often does a firing cycle when it doesn't need to so I just turn it off now and look to replace it before winter bites.

Last edited:

My mate just got one of those recently. He loves it. Has a charger at home but his workplace has a couple he can use for free so he's saving a fortune.
I’ve got one at home but on the 7.5p off peak rate it’s only a fiver to fill. I don’t know how other modern cars compare, but you can turn the smart cruise on when you leave your house and drive anywhere without hardly using the pedals. You only need to brake at roundabouts.

I’ve got one at home but on the 7.5p off peak rate it’s only a fiver to fill. I don’t know how other modern cars compare, but you can turn the smart cruise on when you leave your house and drive anywhere without hardly using the pedals. You only need to brake at roundabouts.
Sounds ideal. Might see if I can find a driving instructor with one. :lol:

That’s all well and good but can you pull handbrake turns?

Fair enough, if true.

Theres another 30 years in fossils yet, at least, so il milk it till its bone dry. It will see my driving/riding days out.
I have summat petrol powered for weekends don’t get me wrong.

Electric drive is boring as fuck but cheap to do a lot of miles in and good for the auld lungs.

Was thinking about an electric scrambler for belting about on stealthily!

Managed to reduce my DD to £110 this morning. Tbf, they only asked what's changed to justify it and I do have the boiler switched off at all times unless I want hot water for dishes and washing and they didn't object or try to change my mind. It's an old boiler and I did notice it often does a firing cycle when it doesn't need to so I just turn it off now and look to replace it before winter bites.
Just cancelled my DD and pay what I owe each month. Keep the cash I think I need saved each month for later in the year. Not letting them change things whenever they choose.

I have summat petrol powered for weekends don’t get me wrong.

Electric drive is boring as fuck but cheap to do a lot of miles in and good for the auld lungs.

Was thinking about an electric scrambler for belting about on stealthily!
Whats your toy?

Aye, drove my mates leaf and it did seem a tad bland, nice car mind.

Check out spicy on YouTube, done a few reviews on the latest ebikes. I was quite surprised tbh. Looked, dare i say it, fun.

Maybe i need to ditch my petrol head, being an ex mechanic and know an engine like the back of my hand doesent help the transition tbh.

Whats your toy?

Aye, drove my mates leaf and it did seem a tad bland, nice car mind.

Check out spicy on YouTube, done a few reviews on the latest ebikes. I was quite surprised tbh. Looked, dare i say it, fun.

Maybe i need to ditch my petrol head, being an ex mechanic and know an engine like the back of my hand doesent help the transition tbh.
At the minute it’s a Porsche 986 (before you say it yes I know it’s a hairdressers car)

Couldn’t get over how good it sounds though.

This looks fun. Norway oil & gas workers going on strike, reducing output and prices shooting up yet further.

Anyone with anything like reasonable lock-in offers might be recommended to jump on them sooner rather than later.

Back