Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

This looks fun. Norway oil & gas workers going on strike, reducing output and prices shooting up yet further.

Anyone with anything like reasonable lock-in offers might be recommended to jump on them sooner rather than later.
Aye I bottled it a month ago and tied myself into a higher fixed rate as although expensive I knew I'd be able to afford it. Disgrace for people who think they won't be able to afford the higher fixed rates at the minute.

This looks fun. Norway oil & gas workers going on strike, reducing output and prices shooting up yet further.

Anyone with anything like reasonable lock-in offers might be recommended to jump on them sooner rather than later.
Let's be honest here. The oil and gas workers deserve a payrise, considering the monumental amount their companies are raking in at the minute.

Anyone got an idea when the price increase for October will actually be decided ? Hopefully going to load my prepayment meter, key and card to beat them to it.

The conditioning is fascinating to watch. If they’ve convinced the likes of Herbal that a couple of hundred miles range when driving cautiously is a good thing, we’re just about there.

Compliance is king.
Tbh I rarely ever put more than 200 miles worth of fuel in my last 2 petrol or diesel cars.
I certainly don't drive cautiously either 😂

The conditioning is fascinating to watch. If they’ve convinced the likes of Herbal that a couple of hundred miles range when driving cautiously is a good thing, we’re just about there.

Compliance is king.
Nah I get that driving like a hooligan.
I have summat petrol powered for weekends don’t get me wrong.

Electric drive is boring as fuck but cheap to do a lot of miles in and good for the auld lungs.

Was thinking about an electric scrambler for belting about on stealthily!
Electric driving is only boring if you had an exciting car before that. I had a 90 bhp diesel Peugeot. Now I have 200 bhp and every traffic light is a grand prix.

Last edited:
Nah I get that driving like a hooligan.

Electric driving is only boring if you had an exciting car before that. I had a 90 bhp diesel Peugeot. Now I have 200 bhp and every traffic light is a grand prix.
Do they do exciting invalid carriages?

Watching you crammed into one of them little light blue 3-wheelers doing 0-60 in 3 seconds would be a Tik-Tok clip I would definitely watch.

Do they do exciting invalid carriages?

Watching you crammed into one of them little light blue 3-wheelers doing 0-60 in 3 seconds would be a Tik-Tok clip I would definitely watch.
I’m currently driving with no shoes and just my big toe on the accelerator.
It's enjoyable to drive shall we say ha ha.
Plus with regen you actually get better efficiency by starting and stopping rather than motorway cruising so it would be rude not to enjoy the country roads....
I always turn it off on the motorway. Learned the hard way.

Last edited:

Surely when the strike is resolved prices will drop by the same level the strike action caused them to rise?

Or am I being niave?

Have a chance to fix with ovo for 2 years, direct debit is about the same as I'm paying now, however I'm 700 in credit so def overpaying and the rates are a good chunk more.
Elec
27p a unit and 49 standing now, they want 44p and 55p fixed

Gas
7p a unit and 27p, they want 14p and 27p.

Think I'll just leave it for the minute as I can't see it going up by that much even with a decent % hike.

Also I had a smart meter with N Power but been with SSE/ovo for well over 4 years, they have never been able to take smart readings and covid stopped them fitting one of their own, when I've logged into my new ovo account online it says they are receiving smart readings now?
My old smart meter is still plugged in in a cupboard, I've just checked?

Early predictions for next price cap could see a significant rise from current prices and early prediction is a 50-65% increase from current rates.

With expectation that this won't reduce next year

Early predictions for next price cap could see a significant rise from current prices and early prediction is a 50-65% increase from current rates.

With expectation that this won't reduce next year
f***ing disgusting. Ofgem not fit for purpose.

Keep an eye on elderly relatives and neighbours this year folks

f***ing disgusting. Ofgem not fit for purpose.

Keep an eye on elderly relatives and neighbours this year folks
Completely agree it's absolutely disgusting and inevitably impact the cost of everything. Been really worried about those less fortunate along with those that aren't expecting the impacts of what this winter will bring.

Back