Energy bill refund

It’s a piss take this. With Shell, I increased my dd as they advised thinking I’d be getting the refund into my bank. Oh no, turns out it’s going onto my credit in my shell account.
You thought the government had everyone's bank details and were going to drop £66 in your personal bank account? :lol:

It’s a piss take this. With Shell, I increased my dd as they advised thinking I’d be getting the refund into my bank. Oh no, turns out it’s going onto my credit in my shell account.
Shell have credited the account but will take £66 less on your direct debit. That’s what I thought it was doing.

Live alone matey in a 3 bedroomed house and refuse to put heating on 😂
Saw your post actually. I have a fairly wee bungalow. Reckoning it's gonna be £80 this month with the heating on 2 - 3 hours a day. Am in a fixed tariff still though

Half heartedly tried to work this out...was talking to an elderly person who refuses to put the heating on.

Suggested why don't you just try and use your 'free' £60 a month then?

Then it bamboozled me with standing charge hikes and all that

Checked my British gas account today and its been credited to my gas bill, not transferred to my bank account as they said it would be. Bit irritating as already overpaying but hey ho, it's there somewhere.

It only applies to your electricity supplier not your gas supplier as not everybody gets them from the same company. I got a daft automated e-mail from my gas company here, my old DD was £94 after the last hike so it's not changed at all :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

I did get the first £66 discount applied from my electricity supplier a few days ago.

There's a good table on MSE that shows how you should get the discount based on your supplier and payment method, link here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...-will-pay-the-p400-cost-of-living-support-pa/

Saw your post actually. I have a fairly wee bungalow. Reckoning it's gonna be £80 this month with the heating on 2 - 3 hours a day. Am in a fixed tariff still though
Am out all day and if a bit of a chill just hoy the quilt over me 👌

Girlfriend (no) bitches on when she stops on the weekend but just gave her a hoody 👌

Back