Energy bill refund

Anyone had their energy bill refund yet? I'm with British gas and am supposed to get £66 refund back every month for 6 months from October, after I have paid my direct debit which is paid on 1st of the month. Not had owt yet. Anyone else? How long should I leave it before twisting

mine has halfed maybe a bit more.. from the initial rise anyhow.. im paying less than i ever have.. and about 400 quid in credit.. it has to be a mistake.. but fck it am saying nowt

Last edited:
Might be worthwhile checking your balance on your energy account, just to make sure they haven't taken £67 quid off that rather than your direct debit.

Nowt from scottish power, im guessing it will prob be refunded into my bank account around the time of my direct debit which in my case will be the 25th

Octopus 🐙 here

I'm presuming they have bumped it into my account as I'm more in credit than I last checked. I shall dig any email correspondence out.

What I would like to point out though is my DD has been set back to what I was paying last year (unless it's the £66 knocked off?). I've upped it again. Just in case others have been set back then you end up having to pay a lumper later. Cheers.

Octopus 🐙 here

I'm presuming they have bumped it into my account as I'm more in credit than I last checked. I shall dig any email correspondence out.

What I would like to point out though is my DD has been set back to what I was paying last year (unless it's the £66 knocked off?). I've upped it again. Just in case others have been set back then you end up having to pay a lumper later. Cheers.
Yeah the reduced dd by the 66 quid annoyingly

Anyone had their energy bill refund yet? I'm with British gas and am supposed to get £66 refund back every month for 6 months from October, after I have paid my direct debit which is paid on 1st of the month. Not had owt yet. Anyone else? How long should I leave it before twisting
My £66 has been added to my credit so i'm still paying same amount next month. I thought it would come off your monthly payment?

Back