Ending of COVID restrictions brought forward by PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Independent, Boris Johnson has written to Conservative MPs saying that restrictions will be ended in early February, not the start of April, as initially suggested, assuming they go ahead with it and parliament votes for it of course, etc.

Seems reasonable to me
February is the NHS’ hardest month every year.

Sadly, I expect we’ll be back at a similar or worse position then as we are today.
I trust the populace to be sensible & reasonable, and I think BJ does too.

Last edited by a moderator:

In a similar way to the 2/11 lockdown all he does is present a new set of restrictions when the current ones expire.

It does exactly nothing. Only reason for it is a token climb down opportunity for his rebelling MPs
Thats the point its only to get this next lot of restrictions through parliament

I'm hopeful we will be. Lockdown is predicated on the notion that elderly and vulnerable people will be so susceptible to COVID that they'll be admitted to hospital or dead as a result.

If we can vaccinate enough elderly and vulnerable people - and I've set out myself how I think the government can do that - then that risk becomes much, much, much lower.

The number of admissions and deaths normally expected within the elderly and vulnerable cohort of patients would plummet. Even better if the vaccine stops you from spreading COVID.
I hope you are right because the longer without the normality, the longer the Tories will make people’s lives a misery afterwards. They bailed us plebs out and they’ll never let us forget it.

You’re an idiot then.
You one of these that thinks you should have a degree etc before you are allowed to vote like? I honestly don't know of a better way marra, unless we get Kim Il Jung in like - he did once get 18 holes-in-one on a round of golf, some boy is Kim 😎

As per the Independent, Boris Johnson has written to Conservative MPs saying that restrictions will be ended in early February, not the start of April, as initially suggested, assuming they go ahead with it and parliament votes for it of course, etc.

I for one would believe everything Johnson promises. He wouldn’t change his mind when it suits him would he?

It's true, they can. That doesn't mean they will, but they can if you look at the numbers required and how they would go about it. It does require a vaccine that can be delivered through primary care though. If we end up in a situation giving vaccinations at central hubs that have the chillers required to store the Pfizer vaccine at -80 then the logistical challenge becomes much greater.

They have asked GP's to be involved. I think the vaccine needs to be stored at -80C but it is distributed on dry ice in special containers. It is then OK for a few days in a normal fridge so I suspect there will be a central storage hub then daily distributions to vaccine centres

They have asked GP's to be involved. I think the vaccine needs to be stored at -80C but it is distributed on dry ice in special containers. It is then OK for a few days in a normal fridge so I suspect there will be a central storage hub then daily distributions to vaccine centres

Ah, that is top news

I hope you are right because the longer without the normality, the longer the Tories will make people’s lives a misery afterwards. They bailed us plebs out and they’ll never let us forget it.
but the plebs will never forget the complete and utter mess they've made of the whole crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back