Embleton Bay

My favourite bay. Walk from dunstanburgh to low Newton. Sky changes every hour. Nice boozer in low Newton. Walk across top into beadnell bay. I swim at low Newton because it’s shallow and the missus is paranoid I’ll drown.
Perfect, remember the name of pub by any chance? Will have a pint on my walk

My favourite bay. Walk from dunstanburgh to low Newton. Sky changes every hour. Nice boozer in low Newton. Walk across top into beadnell bay. I swim at low Newton because it’s shallow and the missus is paranoid I’ll drown.
Long long time ago before Torness power station was built there was a Greenpeace rally in Dunbar and a festival on the proposed site, we had ride up there and soon got bored with it. We decided to head back down the coast and take our mind altering drugs somewhere more peaceful, we ended up at Embleton Bay and camped for the night, sun came up and we were still sat staring off into the colours when a young dear ran across the beach, beautiful.
Really must go back there some day.

It’s virtually on the beach. In the corner of the square of fishing cottages. The Ship I honk. It is very popular. Golf course at dunstanburgh is great as well.

They are my favourite rollers
Cheers, will check it out
Embleton>Dunstanburgh Castle>Craster>Embleton (via farmer's fields and footpath) is decent 10k walk/run.
The pub at Craster is meant to be canny now but if a pub is your priority, the Ship at Low Newton as mentioned by Harry is cracking.
Will have to check that on map, sounds canny
there's also the joiners at high newton by the sea, maybe 10 minute walk from the ship( just walk up hill, past car park into high newton )
Cheers mate, will check it out too

Last edited:
I agree. I did the last Northumberland Coast Marathon which is Alnmouth to Beadnell and back and I was amazed at how beautiful it was.
Kielder markets it's marathon as England's most scenic. Kielder is like running through Benwell in comparison to running that coastline

Back