Embleton Bay

is that where there's a gate with a trust box ?
Yeah, that's the one.
Anywhere at Cresswell worth fishing from? It’s going to be just down the road for me soon and I might buy mesel some gear.
Wait a few weeks till things warm up a bit, then head about a mile north of Creswell to the Green Skeers car park, opposite the ponds. The beach there can be good for bass and flatties in the summer.
The rocks at Creswell might get you a summer cod as well.

Yeah, that's the one.

Wait a few weeks till things warm up a bit, then head about a mile north of Creswell to the Green Skeers car park, opposite the ponds. The beach there can be good for bass and flatties in the summer.
The rocks at Creswell might get you a summer cod as well.
Cheers, hoping to be moved in by end of June so might start looking for gear.

Never got to see them live, have most of their recordings in vinyl or cd form.
Saw them quite a few times, and I'm still in touch with Poli Palmer. He says him and Chappo will be writing some new stuff this year. Something to look forward to !
I also learned quite a bit of the early history of the group from Harry Ovenall, the original drummer. They go back a long way...

Try Ross beach if you fancy a secluded beach. It's about half way between Bamburgh and the Lindisfarne causeway.

You park just outside the hamlet of Ross, then have to walk about a mile and a half through farmland then sand dunes. When you get there, you have miles and miles of golden sand and there's hardly anyone there. It's stunning.

Watch out for the nuddies though!
Seems to have become more popular with dog walkers over the last couple of decades - so less 'nuddies' than back in my day when no one seemed to know about it.

These days you actually get less people on Budle Bay than Ross Sands which in the 70/80s would have been unconceivable...

Oh shit, don't mention Budle Bay - that's my 'Echo Beach'... don't want anyone else going there...

"It's a habit of mine to watch the sun go down on Echo Beach with not a soul around..."

Seems to have become more popular with dog walkers over the last couple of decades - so less 'nuddies' than back in my day when no one seemed to know about it.

These days you actually get less people on Budle Bay than Ross Sands which in the 70/80s would have been unconceivable...

Oh shit, don't mention Budle Bay - that's my 'Echo Beach'... don't want anyone else going there...

"It's a habit of mine to watch the sun go down on Echo Beach with not a soul around..."
That ''Budle Bay'' looks incredible!

We often walk from Alnmouth to Craster and back .

Dunstanburgh Golf club to Beadnell is a favourite, did it a couple of years back in Oct, had Sunday lunch in Beadnell when we left it was getting dark , remember walking down the 6th fairway in the pitch black , only our car left in the car park as well.

My favourite golf course in the world, I think its the 5th tee where you can look across the whole course and see the waves of the North Sea crashing into the coastline away to the South while the wind whistles around your ears. It really is heaven on earth.

My favourite golf course in the world, I think its the 5th tee where you can look across the whole course and see the waves of the North Sea crashing into the coastline away to the South while the wind whistles around your ears. It really is heaven on earth.

I think you’ll mean the 6th tee, looking down over the coast towards the castle and across the course.

I’m playing there tomorrow.

I think you’ll mean the 6th tee, looking down over the coast towards the castle and across the course.

I’m playing there tomorrow.

I do mate, just after I had posted I had realised there is a par 4 after the 4th par 3.

Enjoy, an absolute pleasure to play there.

Back