Embleton Bay

Long long time ago before Torness power station was built there was a Greenpeace rally in Dunbar and a festival on the proposed site, we had ride up there and soon got bored with it. We decided to head back down the coast and take our mind altering drugs somewhere more peaceful, we ended up at Embleton Bay and camped for the night, sun came up and we were still sat staring off into the colours when a young dear ran across the beach, beautiful.
Really must go back there some day.
Soz mate, it'll be dead by now.

Try Ross beach if you fancy a secluded beach. It's about half way between Bamburgh and the Lindisfarne causeway.

You park just outside the hamlet of Ross, then have to walk about a mile and a half through farmland then sand dunes. When you get there, you have miles and miles of golden sand and there's hardly anyone there. It's stunning.

Watch out for the nuddies though!

Embleton>Dunstanburgh Castle>Craster>Embleton (via farmer's fields and footpath) is decent 10k walk/run.
The pub at Craster is meant to be canny now but if a pub is your priority, the Ship at Low Newton as mentioned by Harry is cracking.

Aye, it’s an idyllic location for a pint on a summers day. Walked along the beach up to the castle and back with the gf then short drive to the Fishing Boat Inn at Boulmer which does very good bait there - I can recommend their steak.

Stunningly beautiful area.

Try Ross beach if you fancy a secluded beach. It's about half way between Bamburgh and the Lindisfarne causeway.

You park just outside the hamlet of Ross, then have to walk about a mile and a half through farmland then sand dunes. When you get there, you have miles and miles of golden sand and there's hardly anyone there. It's stunning.

Watch out for the nuddies though!
I went there last September, a very good beach.

Never seen any nuddies mind 🤣

I’d love to live here mins, although 32 with no wife or kids is not the target market is it
I am the same, just 4 years older. Was thinking I would love to live in that area when driving out of the housing areas nearby the beach.

Strange thing happened when leaving Embleton Bay beach in car yesterday, a grouse was in the middle of a country road and I stopped for it. It just stared me out for 20 seconds, would not budge until finally moving to side of the road to let me past in car :lol:

Back