Embarrassment

We're being fed 'process driven' and 'data' driven' etc. The reality is it simply can't be or its got to such a low level its an even bigger gamble / shot in the dark because of the level we're looking at and finances we're willing to invest.

We looked to have something going on but it's absolutely unravelling as there's been too many poor choices on and off the field and we haven't supplemented what we had.
I think it more shows that they either had so little faith in their thinking, had so little stomach for fan disapproval or got it so wrong that their process and any further thinking requires doubting.

The process allegedly stopped at Will Still's compo.

Last edited:

The one thing that the owner had going for him, at least in my eyes, was the on-pitch stuff was process-driven and highly ambitious in thought and strategy.

Today wasn't that, however it has come about, they're responsible for the shortest stint of a Sunderland coach in my lifetime, appointed a caretaker is effectively saying that they do not trust themselves after the mess they have made or have given up on the rest of the season and the cherry on the cake a player badly needed has gone elsewhere.

Not sure how they could have gone so wrong in the space of 2 months, two and a half years is more than enough for them to be aligned at the top, something they don't appear to be. Beyond embarrassed of them this evening.
Embarrassing isn't the word I'd apply... dumbfounded is more apt.... like how the fuck are these people in charge

Back