Embarrassment

I’m not going to go all or nothing on Speakman. He has done a hell of a lot of good within the club especially our improvement at academy level which will come good for us. He hasn’t got the last bit right though. He appears to have too much power and little check and challenge and decision making has to be shared to be safe.

I get the feeling this is a KLD and Speakman having different idea's same as I did with LJ, to be honest. I think he either has autonomy or he doesn't, you can't mess about with that.

If this is all Speakman's doing then whatever process he has in place for coach's, considering it resulted in the shortest-ever coaching period that didn't sack himself can be considered very badly put together.

Whatever way you look at it, imo, there are big problems at some point in the leadership line.

I’m not going to go all or nothing on Speakman. He has done a hell of a lot of good within the club especially our improvement at academy level which will come good for us. He hasn’t got the last bit right though. He appears to have too much power and little check and challenge and decision making has to be shared to be safe.
I’d never totally hammer the bloke cos he has clearly done good that deserves praise. But more recently he’s made huge mistakes.

The one thing that the owner had going for him, at least in my eyes, was the on-pitch stuff was process-driven and highly ambitious in thought and strategy.

Today wasn't that, however it has come about, they're responsible for the shortest stint of a Sunderland coach in my lifetime, appointed a caretaker is effectively saying that they do not trust themselves after the mess they have made or have given up on the rest of the season and the cherry on the cake a player badly needed has gone elsewhere.

Not sure how they could have gone so wrong in the space of 2 months, two and a half years is more than enough for them to be aligned at the top, something they don't appear to be. Beyond embarrassed of them this evening.

speakman considers himself to be smarter than he is.
kld is considered to be more interested than he is.

Merge the 2 and behold, a cluster of fks

Might have been better to back the manager in situ , with the strengthening of the two positions he was concerned about ,with experienced players .

Had they gone out and signed the player West Brom have today and pursued Moore with real intent and desire to get him in, it’d have relieved the pressure no end on Beale both on and off the park.

In the space of two and a bit month they sacked a popular bloke, sold our souls to the bitterest of rivals for ten pieces of silver, appointed a manager with no history of success and a damaged personal reputation, and failed to sign players to positions where we desperately needed improvements. Now they’ve sacked the man they said delivered some of the best coaching they’d ever seen within that same time frame.

They are keen to portray themselves as modern, dynamic, well planned and relentlessly pursuing excellence but the actions, on and off the park, are increasingly demonstrating that they are perhaps the complete opposite to all of that.

Might have been better to back the manager in situ , with the strengthening of the two positions he was concerned about ,with experienced players .
I'm talking about Mowbray not Beale .
We'll never know sadly. But after saturday and Mogga turning us over after giving us a goal start and with an inferior team . I wish we had backed him .

Had they gone out and signed the player West Brom have today and pursued Moore with real intent and desire to get him in, it’d have relieved the pressure no end on Beale both on and off the park.

In the space of two and a bit month they sacked a popular bloke, sold our souls to the bitterest of rivals for ten pieces of silver, appointed a manager with no history of success and a damaged personal reputation, and failed to sign players to positions where we desperately needed improvements. Now they’ve sacked the man they said delivered some of the best coaching they’d ever seen within that same time frame.

They are keen to portray themselves as modern, dynamic, well planned and relentlessly pursuing excellence but the actions, on and off the park, are increasingly demonstrating that they are perhaps the complete opposite to all of that.
We could have done what you are saying ,in your first paragraph ,without getting rid of Mowbray and replacing him with utter shite.

I get the feeling this is a KLD and Speakman having different idea's same as I did with LJ, to be honest. I think he either has autonomy or he doesn't, you can't mess about with that.

If this is all Speakman's doing then whatever process he has in place for coach's, considering it resulted in the shortest-ever coaching period that didn't sack himself can be considered very badly put together.

Whatever way you look at it, imo, there are big problems at some point in the leadership line.
I’d say problems aye, maybe not big ones cos we’re not far away but needs a reflection

We could have done what you are saying ,in your first paragraph ,without getting rid of Mowbray and replacing him with utter shite.

It’s literally all he asked for. He said back in August we were asking for trouble with our limited midfield options and highlighted the striker situation. We binned a popular manager because the director of sport (football that is, I understand the baseball side are going great guns) and chairman refused to make the smallest of tweaks to their dogmatic, ideological skin flint ways.

It really is absolutely absurd

You know things are bad when the OP is criticising the ownership.

The only positive aspect of all of this is that they’ve acted decisively and got rid of Beale before he could do any lasting damage. There’s been numerous occasions down the years where we’ve stuck with failing managers for far too long.

The one thing that the owner had going for him, at least in my eyes, was the on-pitch stuff was process-driven and highly ambitious in thought and strategy.

Today wasn't that, however it has come about, they're responsible for the shortest stint of a Sunderland coach in my lifetime, appointed a caretaker is effectively saying that they do not trust themselves after the mess they have made or have given up on the rest of the season and the cherry on the cake a player badly needed has gone elsewhere.

Not sure how they could have gone so wrong in the space of 2 months, two and a half years is more than enough for them to be aligned at the top, something they don't appear to be. Beyond embarrassed of them this evening.
People make mistakes… wallow in it or get over it .

People make mistakes… wallow in it or get over it .

Aye, they do, however, they're not usually history-breaking ones and on the very thing you're judged upon.

Very few seem to care about it being two months, think it's ghastly myself and I'll be wallowing for some time, as will they by appointing a caretaker for the remainder of the season.

A mistake. At least they recognised it.

It's not just our players who are young and learning - so is our owner.

Learn and move on.

Spot on mate.

Oh they've messed up big time since December. The only very small shining light is that they got rid of him early and admitted the mistake of the appointment.

Back