Embarrassing things at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a previous office job, my desk was in the front office then the back office was a large open plan office with technicians, sales blokes and the trainers. All male.

One bloke rang me and asked patronisingly if I could bring him some folders from the stationary cupboard. I said "sod off and get them yourself you lazy git!" I realised I was on speakerphone when and almighty cheer went up next door :oops:

On a Christmas night out when I worked at a research centre, at the dinner table I was sat directly opposite one university professor and next to another. Trying to sound sober while I chatted to the one next to me I started rocking on the back legs of my chair, started to lose it so instinctively grabbed the edge of the big table, Except it turned out that the big table was only a series of tiny little tables pushed together with a big tablecloth hoyed over. So the section of table between me & professor no1 came over with me, leaving him sat there with a knife & fork in his hands while I was flat on me back with the lot on top of me.

I punched myself in the face so hard I broke my nose.
It was an accident I was using an allen key, over tightened it then it slipped out and my fist really whacked me in the face, to make it even worse I was talking to my supervisor at the time. I just ran to the bog to clean up whilst catching the blood in my hands. I then just got back on with my work wishing I wasn't there.
:lol: Obviously

Said "See you all tomorrow." on a conference call when working from home. 'Tomorrow' was Saturday.

that made me LOL.

Sent a trade confirmation to a defunct mailing list at a client. Servers for some reason starting pinging each other and over the course of about 8 hours sent something in the region of 10k emails between my company and the client. Problem was it had a lot of people cc'd in. The data draw was massive especially for my boss who had his monthly mobile data limit breached. And he was in south africa.

but was tomorrow saturday?

not me but my former boss. She had visitors up to Newcastle from down south and said to one of them that it was 'great they had come so we could hear things from the horses mouth'. Worst thing was the one she gesticulated this towards had gnashers like Shergar.

My boss then makes matters worse by going, 'Not that you're a horse or anything' as if to highlight the issue...

On a Christmas night out when I worked at a research centre, at the dinner table I was sat directly opposite one university professor and next to another. Trying to sound sober while I chatted to the one next to me I started rocking on the back legs of my chair, started to lose it so instinctively grabbed the edge of the big table, Except it turned out that the big table was only a series of tiny little tables pushed together with a big tablecloth hoyed over. So the section of table between me & professor no1 came over with me, leaving him sat there with a knife & fork in his hands while I was flat on me back with the lot on top of me.

Sounds like an Inspector Clouseau type incident!!:lol::lol:

not me but my former boss. She had visitors up to Newcastle from down south and said to one of them that it was 'great they had come so we could hear things from the horses mouth'. Worst thing was the one she gesticulated this towards had gnashers like Shergar.

My boss then makes matters worse by going, 'Not that you're a horse or anything' as if to highlight the issue...

An Alan Partridge moment....

I worked for an amusement machine company as a rep for 12 years. In my first month of employment there aged 25 I was wandering about the warehouse looking for a particular video game to see if it was ready to go out on rent. I found the machine, with it's back door open and one of the crusty engineers tinkering about with a piece of machinery he had taken out of it for refurb. Being a curious (nosey) young person I looked in the back of the machine and saw that the TV tube inside had a wire beside it that appeared to have fallen out of a mounting hole in the tube. So I asked the engineer what the hole was for. He said "Don't touch that hole mind!". So I touched the hole and the electricity from the cathode ray tube discharge lifted me off my feet and threw me about six feet back from the video to land on my back in the middle of the workshop.

That made those engineers' day!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back