Embarrassing things at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's just weird.

I wasn't sitting 'school assembly' legs crossed. I was sitting with one leg resting on the other, 'figure 4 leg lock' style. But it was easier to initially say legs crossed.

In hindsight it wasn't actually because multiple people have pointed out the error of my ways.

Could have a thread all to myself on this subject.
Fell through a window display in Sydney's largest department store whilst a busload of Japanese tourists filmed me.
Managed to smash a whole rack of glass shelving in same store during busiest period. Whole store stopped as I was stood holding a mallet and surrounded by broken glass.
Sent instant message about my boss directly to my boss.
Replied to all on a company wide email about how to behave when American owners visited. I said "And at half ten we'll all stand up for a rousing chorus of the company anthem."
Played for the company five a side team when we lost 30-1 in a thirty minute game.
Shouted "Who the fuck is Chinwe Okolo?" at my mate during emergency meeting with all of the senior managers. (This one actually worked in my favour.)

Sent a trade confirmation to a defunct mailing list at a client. Servers for some reason starting pinging each other and over the course of about 8 hours sent something in the region of 10k emails between my company and the client. Problem was it had a lot of people cc'd in. The data draw was massive especially for my boss who had his monthly mobile data limit breached. And he was in south africa.

Last edited:
Sent a trade confirmation to a defunct mailing list at a client. Servers for some reason starting pinging each other and over the course of about hours sent something in the region of 10k emails between my company and the client. Problem was it had a lot of people cc'd in. The data draw was massive especially for my boss who had his mo they data limit breached. And he was in south africa.
That's a genuine mistake but when I worked at a big American Bank, one of those spam emails started doing the rounds about how Microsoft were going to pay a tenner to everyone who forwarded on the email and a tenner to the person who sent it to them etc.
It was clearly nonsense but loads were forwarding to the worldwide distribution list which was tens of thousands of people. People were replying to all saying "Remove me from these emails." The servers were grinding to a halt and people were threatened with the sack.
An investigation showed that the first person in the company to forward it on was a Senior Manager in our building. Nothing more was said on the matter.

I nipped into a staff loo which was off a meeting room just before the Borough Librarian and Councillors were due to use the room. The lock on the door came off in my hand and I could hear everyone come in. Stupidly I waited about 10 minutes before finally accepting I was stuck there, and had to start banging on the door and shouting 'I'm stuck in the loo!' Absolutely mortified when they let me out.
Did he go "Sssshhhhhh" :lol:

Proper fell over at work today in the middle of a meeting with 12 important people there, i had been sat cross legged, resting on my leg to take notes of the meeting and when I stood up I had mega pins and needles in my whole leg. Tried to sake a few steps and proper crumpled to the floor.

I wanted the floor to open and swallow me. Had the piss ripped out of me all day.
:lol:

went up a flight of stairs and beat a colleague that was in the lift and proceeded to say "what's wrong with your legs like?" anyway turns out, she'd been run over.

Went out with work on the drink, a lad younger than me decides to be a smart arse and jump over a bin.. so in my drunken state acting like a prize twat and thought I'd get in on that, attempted to jump it, hit the top of it half way over, bin toppled all over, and I crumpled on the floor.. always brought up when organising work stuff.

I wasn't sitting 'school assembly' legs crossed. I was sitting with one leg resting on the other, 'figure 4 leg lock' style. But it was easier to initially say legs crossed.

In hindsight it wasn't actually because multiple people have pointed out the error of my ways.

People didn't realise that you're a teenage girl. Now that you've clarified it they'll appreciate why you sit in meetings in a manner that will cause the cessation of blood circulation in your legs

That's a genuine mistake but when I worked at a big American Bank, one of those spam emails started doing the rounds about how Microsoft were going to pay a tenner to everyone who forwarded on the email and a tenner to the person who sent it to them etc.
It was clearly nonsense but loads were forwarding to the worldwide distribution list which was tens of thousands of people. People were replying to all saying "Remove me from these emails." The servers were grinding to a halt and people were threatened with the sack.
An investigation showed that the first person in the company to forward it on was a Senior Manager in our building. Nothing more was said on the matter.

We had something similar doing the rounds at our place and the amount of 'remove me from these emails' messages bouncing around was hilarious - it went on for a good couple of days, then just when you thought it had died a death, someone comes back from their holidays a week or so later, sees the trail of emails in their inbox and resurrects it by replying all to 'remove me from these emails'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back