Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fuck it. I'm pulling all my ships back and upgrading them one at a time.

Logon or register to see this image
Canny fleet that is.

I've gone up to sothis again to boost my fed rank. This new c & p is a pain and I'm now hostile with AHM so avoiding combat for a while.

Canny fleet that is.

I've gone up to sothis again to boost my fed rank. This new c & p is a pain and I'm now hostile with AHM so avoiding combat for a while.
Thats not even counting the AspX, Corvette, Cutter and Chieftain I already had back here in The Bubble.

Its dead easy to earn mega credits against the AHM. Just base yourself anywhere outside Maia and only take anti-pirate jobs in Merope. I was earning 80M a trip before I decided to come back to re-engineer everything.

If you need to go back to Maia for any reason then just do a few passenger missions for AHM out of Alcazar's.

Put this back on last night for a blast about and went to engineer some stuff. Finally got there and realised I have fuck all materials to get much. Also left my rover on another station so had to go elsewhere to get another one. Currently on a planet trying to find some materials and bored fuckless again.

Might just fuck it all off and go hunting pirates again and do all this shit later. Wanted to engineer my stuff tho. Also noticed you need materials to add the effects to the upgrades now too? So don't even have any of that shit, basically wasted trip..?

Put this back on last night for a blast about and went to engineer some stuff. Finally got there and realised I have fuck all materials to get much. Also left my rover on another station so had to go elsewhere to get another one. Currently on a planet trying to find some materials and bored fuckless again.

Might just fuck it all off and go hunting pirates again and do all this shit later. Wanted to engineer my stuff tho. Also noticed you need materials to add the effects to the upgrades now too? So don't even have any of that shit, basically wasted trip..?
I've been out material hunting for ages now and its boring the tits off me. You might want to have these open to make it a bit easier:

Use Elite Dangerous: "Scavenger" 2.4 to tell you where you need to be looking

Use Systems - EDDB to find the nearest systems for manufactured mats and Bodies - Search & Find - EDDB for elements

Use INARA - Elite:Dangerous companion to find the nearest mats traders when you get sick of picking up stuff you don't need.

I've been out material hunting for ages now and its boring the tits off me. You might want to have these open to make it a bit easier:

Use Elite Dangerous: "Scavenger" 2.4 to tell you where you need to be looking

Use Systems - EDDB to find the nearest systems for manufactured mats and Bodies - Search & Find - EDDB for elements

Use INARA - Elite:Dangerous companion to find the nearest mats traders when you get sick of picking up stuff you don't need.

All seems a bit of a fuck on :neutral: Might just go back and earn money (or go back to play Kingdom Come Deliverance!) with the AHM. Bit of a pain in the arse at times though with the mission length in real time and not my own playtime. So if I have to suddenly go out I fail a shit load of missions if I cannot do them in time. Would be nice if they could change that so even though we are all "online" we can do missions within our play time limits. It's trying to force players to play 24/7 to get anywhere (or take 2 mission at a time and spend most of it flying back and forward - boring).

Oh well, will just have to play this when I know I will have a bit time :neutral:

I've finally got my head around the rules for the new Engineers and to be honest I don't like what I see.

The ability to remote engineer looks great on paper but there is a huge flaw in it. Namely that you can't remote convert old G5 mods to the new system. This means you have to take all your ships to the relevant Engineer to get them converted from legacy G5 to new G4. Then in order to get the new G4 up to scratch on the new G5 you have to roll on average 10 times for each module. This means that because of the number of ships I have then for things like weapons/shield boosters/hull reinforcements I'm looking at having to collect 300-400 L5 materials/data to do all the ships.

This is just NOT going to happen! It'll take me weeks to do all 18 ships and fuck that - it took me weeks to get them to G5 in the first place. Why the fuck do I have to do it all over again???

To this end I'm flogging the ships I rarely use and the ones I'm keeping are only getting the new mods on modules which are critical to their intended function. So its shields/armour/weapons on combat ships and basically FSDs on all others.

Why the hell could they not have just allowed us to buy mats/data instead of only being able to trade like for like? :evil:

I've finally got my head around the rules for the new Engineers and to be honest I don't like what I see.

The ability to remote engineer looks great on paper but there is a huge flaw in it. Namely that you can't remote convert old G5 mods to the new system. This means you have to take all your ships to the relevant Engineer to get them converted from legacy G5 to new G4. Then in order to get the new G4 up to scratch on the new G5 you have to roll on average 10 times for each module. This means that because of the number of ships I have then for things like weapons/shield boosters/hull reinforcements I'm looking at having to collect 300-400 L5 materials/data to do all the ships.

This is just NOT going to happen! It'll take me weeks to do all 18 ships and fuck that - it took me weeks to get them to G5 in the first place. Why the fuck do I have to do it all over again???

To this end I'm flogging the ships I rarely use and the ones I'm keeping are only getting the new mods on modules which are critical to their intended function. So its shields/armour/weapons on combat ships and basically FSDs on all others.

Why the hell could they not have just allowed us to buy mats/data instead of only being able to trade like for like? :evil:

Aye its all a bit of a fuck on and just more grind to make the game last. Even finding the bits is a complete pain in the arse if you ask me. I think you have to pickup bits of knacked enemies and also grind on planets? And I cannot be fucked with all that having to change ship loadout constantly, I've already got shit loads of parts scattered all over the galaxy as I just buy another rather than fuck about waiting to transport shit to wherever I am.

I've basically just engineered my bits to the first level and then realise I don't have the bits I need to go further or add any effects. Heading to do shields next and then think I will just fuck engineers off and just play the game till I actually need to do them.

On the subject of getting the drops from knacked ships, is it worthwhile fitting my ship with some cargo and some limpet pickupy thingies and once I knack one send them out to pick up the bits? (don't want cargo tho, just the materials).

I think they added the trade thing in as well so it kinda negates all these players with billions of billions of credits in the bank who will just buy their way to the best ships. I can see a lot more of that happening due to all the cash cows that now have players with silly money. Not managed to hit any of these yet so I'm miles behind everyone else and kinda just sitting watching the story unfold from afar without having any input as I'm still working my way up the ranks slowly. Kinda sucks..

Aye its all a bit of a fuck on and just more grind to make the game last. Even finding the bits is a complete pain in the arse if you ask me. I think you have to pickup bits of knacked enemies and also grind on planets? And I cannot be fucked with all that having to change ship loadout constantly, I've already got shit loads of parts scattered all over the galaxy as I just buy another rather than fuck about waiting to transport shit to wherever I am.

I've basically just engineered my bits to the first level and then realise I don't have the bits I need to go further or add any effects. Heading to do shields next and then think I will just fuck engineers off and just play the game till I actually need to do them.

On the subject of getting the drops from knacked ships, is it worthwhile fitting my ship with some cargo and some limpet pickupy thingies and once I knack one send them out to pick up the bits? (don't want cargo tho, just the materials).

I think they added the trade thing in as well so it kinda negates all these players with billions of billions of credits in the bank who will just buy their way to the best ships. I can see a lot more of that happening due to all the cash cows that now have players with silly money. Not managed to hit any of these yet so I'm miles behind everyone else and kinda just sitting watching the story unfold from afar without having any input as I'm still working my way up the ranks slowly. Kinda sucks..
The way it works is that you get elements from planet surfaces, manufactured materials from open space or some surface sites and data from scanning either data points or other ships. (You can also get certain mats/data as mission rewards.) Thats why I always have the above links open when I'm mat hunting because if you leave it to chance you will take literally months to find the stuff you're looking for.

I've converted my AspX into a dedicated mats/data scrounger. Basically it has the legs (45Ly) to travel all over to the places you are most likely to find stuff, a cargo hold of 64t filled with limpets, a Limpet Collection Controller and a Frame Shift Wake Scanner. The only reason a mats/data collector needs a cargo hold is to store the limpets as mats/data don't require cargo space to store them.

I've done some rough calculations and if I were to re-engineer every module in every ship then it looks like I'm going to be collecting materials for the next 3 months. Thats 3 f***ing MONTHS just to get all my ships back to having the best engineering upgrades possible! I'm fortunate in that I have a lot of spare time to play this game but God help anyone like yourself who can maybe only spare the odd hour each day; you're going to be collecting mats for the rest of your life!
The result of the new Engineering system is 1) I now have less ships than before because there's no point in having ships I rarely use if its going to take weeks to re-engineer them, 2) the ships I'm left with will be critically under-engineered in parts because I can't spend weeks getting them all back up to G5 and 3) I've started to play the game less than normal because it takes an effort of will to fire it up knowing I'm going to spend all of my time looking for mats and data.

Well done FDev! :evil::evil::evil:

I only engineered certain parts on ships I use regularly anyway, I found it a bit of a ball ache and mostly pointless anyway. Upgrade the FSD a bit and a couple have weapons/shields done but mostly not arsed about it for what I do.
That's kind of my take on the engineering anyway.

Currently making around 10-15m every 20-25 mins up in sothis / ceos hauling precious metals and data between the two. Ranked up feds twice and got three new system permits. :)

Here's another little gem from FDev: I'm trying to get my hands on Modified Embedded Firmware to get the multi-cannons on my ships back to the top of G5. The only way to do this is by completing missions so I go to the mission board and have a look.

Great! 5 MEFs - oh hang on.... 2766 units? And what do those little blue symbols next to the mission mean? - "It is recommended this mission be completed as part of a wing."

Oh really FDev??? I'm in f***ing Solo mode. WHO THE FUCK DO YOU SUGGEST I WING UP WITH??? :evil::evil::evil:

Here's another little gem from FDev: I'm trying to get my hands on Modified Embedded Firmware to get the multi-cannons on my ships back to the top of G5. The only way to do this is by completing missions so I go to the mission board and have a look.

Great! 5 MEFs - oh hang on.... 2766 units? And what do those little blue symbols next to the mission mean? - "It is recommended this mission be completed as part of a wing."

Oh really FDev??? I'm in f***ing Solo mode. WHO THE FUCK DO YOU SUGGEST I WING UP WITH??? :evil::evil::evil:

do multiple trips

do multiple trips
Sounds easy!

Now lets do the maths:

I've got 6 ships with a total of 16 multi-cannons to engineer.
Each time it takes 10 Engineering rolls to get one legacy G5 MC up to new G5.
Thats 160 rolls. That means I need 160 MEFs, 160 Zirconium and 160 Conductive Polymers.
If I can manage to find multiple missions, one after the other to deliver 2766 then even using my Cutter which can carry 320 units thats 9 trips per mission. Thats a total of 18 jumps per mission (there and back.)
At 5 MEFs per mission thats 32 missions to get the 160 MEFs I need in total.
32 missions at 18 jumps per mission is a grand total of 576 jumps in order to get my MCs back to where they were before they changed the Engineering system.

NOW do you understand why I'm spitting feathers? :lol:

Sounds easy!

Now lets do the maths:

I've got 6 ships with a total of 16 multi-cannons to engineer.
Each time it takes 10 Engineering rolls to get one legacy G5 MC up to new G5.
Thats 160 rolls. That means I need 160 MEFs, 160 Zirconium and 160 Conductive Polymers.
If I can manage to find multiple missions, one after the other to deliver 2766 then even using my Cutter which can carry 320 units thats 9 trips per mission. Thats a total of 18 jumps per mission (there and back.)
At 5 MEFs per mission thats 32 missions to get the 160 MEFs I need in total.
32 missions at 18 jumps per mission is a grand total of 576 jumps in order to get my MCs back to where they were before they changed the Engineering system.

NOW do you understand why I'm spitting feathers? :lol:

oh absolutely, I think Engineering in general is a huge f*ck-on and a horrible grind, the material trading makes it less so for me, but I only had some components on some of my ships done to max G3 anyway so dropping down a level - which I think is a right twats trick - wasn’t the end of the world

oh absolutely, I think Engineering in general is a huge f*ck-on and a horrible grind, the material trading makes it less so for me, but I only had some components on some of my ships done to max G3 anyway so dropping down a level - which I think is a right twats trick - wasn’t the end of the world
I've actually given up. I'm going to engineer everything on the Corvette to new G5 then transport everything all the way back to The Pleiades and take it out on The Ant Hill Mob. :lol:

YEEEEEES!!!!! I'M BACK YOU GOID BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sense of utter relief is indescribable!

No more driving around looking for f***ing rocks!!!

No more drifting in Deep Space looking for f***ing HGSSs!!!

No more trying to work out which mat I can trade for other one!!!!

I'm so f***ing happy I've put together a loop of Spaghetti Western music to play when I'm twatting the Ant Hill boys! :lol:

^^^
@Pseudonym Number 1 @ShoutyBearHead @Giddup Sausage! @Ambivalent Squirrel @Nipple Salad

Last edited:
Well accidentally shot a WANTED pirate who I hadn't scanned yet for about 1 second due to being tired and having my wrong firing group setup (left button should have been scan but was on multicannon) and got a 300 cred bounty. Had to leg it and read up on how we now clear it and it says to go to low security place and clear it that way. Had a quick look about and went back to one of the orbity things in a low security system and they refuse my docking. Twats. Had to leg to work as was late so will have to try and suss it later tonight. Wanted to blast a few pirates before work but looks like im going to have a right fuck on just clearing the bounty (im assuming i can!?) and then taking out the ships before my time runs out.

Wish it would give you a f***ing warning first before placing bounties. System is just daft.. Maybe even allow paying it off remotely if the fine is just for stray fire.

Well accidentally shot a WANTED pirate who I hadn't scanned yet for about 1 second due to being tired and having my wrong firing group setup (left button should have been scan but was on multicannon) and got a 300 cred bounty. Had to leg it and read up on how we now clear it and it says to go to low security place and clear it that way. Had a quick look about and went back to one of the orbity things in a low security system and they refuse my docking. Twats. Had to leg to work as was late so will have to try and suss it later tonight. Wanted to blast a few pirates before work but looks like im going to have a right fuck on just clearing the bounty (im assuming i can!?) and then taking out the ships before my time runs out.

Wish it would give you a f***ing warning first before placing bounties. System is just daft.. Maybe even allow paying it off remotely if the fine is just for stray fire.
Sounds like you're considered Notorious. You get this for repeatedly killing the wrong people. Your Notoriety is ranked from 0 to 10 and each illegal kill you make increases it by 1. The only way to decrease it is by getting killed in the ship in which you committed the crime (at which point you'll re-spawn in a detention centre) or keeping your nose clean - Notoriety decreases by 1 for every 2 hours spent logged into the game.

I've accidentally clipped a couple of innocent bystanders and had bounties on me but because I haven't killed anyone my Notoriety rating is low enough that I'm still allowed access to Interstellar Factors in starports to clear them.

Link to find IF near you: INARA - Elite:Dangerous companion

Link explaining Crime & Punishment in more detail here: Everything you need to know about the upcoming changes to crime and punishment

Sounds like you're considered Notorious. You get this for repeatedly killing the wrong people. Your Notoriety is ranked from 0 to 10 and each illegal kill you make increases it by 1. The only way to decrease it is by getting killed in the ship in which you committed the crime (at which point you'll re-spawn in a detention centre) or keeping your nose clean - Notoriety decreases by 1 for every 2 hours spent logged into the game.

I've accidentally clipped a couple of innocent bystanders and had bounties on me but because I haven't killed anyone my Notoriety rating is low enough that I'm still allowed access to Interstellar Factors in starports to clear them.

Link to find IF near you: INARA - Elite:Dangerous companion

Link explaining Crime & Punishment in more detail here: Everything you need to know about the upcoming changes to crime and punishment

Didn't kill him though, which is why I'm wondering why the base wont allow me docking. The one previous in Merope let me dock but I was anonymous so couldn't do shit.

I'm at Moni's hub, which is on the list above. Wonder if it's because the Ant Hill Mob don't like me too much. Saying that, I'm still not hostile to them so don't see why and have half decent rep atm.

Maybe I'll try going somewhere else when I get in later and see if I can clear it that way.

Didn't kill him though, which is why I'm wondering why the base wont allow me docking. The one previous in Merope let me dock but I was anonymous so couldn't do shit.

I'm at Moni's hub, which is on the list above. Wonder if it's because the Ant Hill Mob don't like me too much. Saying that, I'm still not hostile to them so don't see why and have half decent rep atm.

Maybe I'll try going somewhere else when I get in later and see if I can clear it that way.
I cleared mine at Stagazer in Pleione.

They’ve nerfed everything haven’t they. Reading the forums, even the Sothis runs.

Fuck this. I’m going to do something else. I played NOTHING else last year. I’ve loaded it once since the new version.

Was good while it lasted I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back