Elite Dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love a bit of mining it's so therapeutic.....

Which ship is that btw?
This is my Clipper Dramatic Exit refitted as a miner because I need 50t of Bromellite to unlock Bill Turner so he can work on some Plasma Accelerators I've just bought.

Fuck it! Mining in the Clipper was like pulling teeth. I've switched back to the Cutter which came as a nasty surprise for the wing of a DBX and 2 Eagles who tried to rob me ten seconds after I was back in the rings. :cool:

Logon or register to see this image

I FOUND AN ICE ASTEROID WITH 26.73% LOW TEMPERATURE DIAMONDS!!!

I THOUGHT THEY WERE A MYTH! :eek:

Last edited:
Class. Welcome to the club.

Military grade Hull, and overcharged huge multicannon. Turreted lasers on the rest.

Watch things around you melt and crumble :cool:
Those beam lasers are canny spendy at 16m a pop!

Going to follow your build, just need the hull at a mere 150m and it's finished.

Liking the thought of swatting pirates away on my next rares run for Qwent.

This is my Clipper Dramatic Exit refitted as a miner because I need 50t of Bromellite to unlock Bill Turner so he can work on some Plasma Accelerators I've just bought.

Fuck it! Mining in the Clipper was like pulling teeth. I've switched back to the Cutter which came as a nasty surprise for the wing of a DBX and 2 Eagles who tried to rob me ten seconds after I was back in the rings. :cool:

I FOUND AN ICE ASTEROID WITH 26.73% LOW TEMPERATURE DIAMONDS!!!

I THOUGHT THEY WERE A MYTH! :eek:
Went back to mining as well found a great spot with tons of platinum, palladium, gold and even managed to get 5 ton of painite. :cool:

Been keeping tabs on this thread and itching to get back into this, so updated it and had a blast out in my Vulture last night and loved it again. Hopefully it will last and I will have more stuff to do. Think some of the reason is I don't get daft amounts of time to play it non stop so cannot be arsed doing anything really lengthy.

Had a blast into a high intensity res site full of pirates last night. No coppers would come into this one so was thinking I might have to do it all alone, not good when everything is Anacondas and other big ships or in wings. Just as I was about to go do something else a pirate decided he wanted another pirates stash :lol: Cue fights all over the place and easy pickings for me to jump in and help take whoever was the unfortunate pilot to be picked on. Made about 5 mil in no time as they all squabbled for loot whenever one of them took some.

Seems to have fixed up the combat again as I hated it last time I logged in and I feel like I can fight in the Vulture again without just being utterly pummelled and not really being able to manouever about without ships just shooting at you no matter what you done.

Haven't got Horizons yet so cannot do any of that shite. But might just spend some time building up a bit cash in the res zone.

Currently blasting about BD-11 4280 Mitchell City and the Res zone that is 2 seconds from it (great for handing in bounties and heading back out as it is so close). Done a couple of data drops for faction - are these worth doing? Does it matter who I do them for? Am I best allying with some faction in particular!? I'm pretty well thought of by the cops etc. around here as I kill wanted pirates none stop.

Been keeping tabs on this thread and itching to get back into this, so updated it and had a blast out in my Vulture last night and loved it again. Hopefully it will last and I will have more stuff to do. Think some of the reason is I don't get daft amounts of time to play it non stop so cannot be arsed doing anything really lengthy.

Had a blast into a high intensity res site full of pirates last night. No coppers would come into this one so was thinking I might have to do it all alone, not good when everything is Anacondas and other big ships or in wings. Just as I was about to go do something else a pirate decided he wanted another pirates stash :lol: Cue fights all over the place and easy pickings for me to jump in and help take whoever was the unfortunate pilot to be picked on. Made about 5 mil in no time as they all squabbled for loot whenever one of them took some.

Seems to have fixed up the combat again as I hated it last time I logged in and I feel like I can fight in the Vulture again without just being utterly pummelled and not really being able to manouever about without ships just shooting at you no matter what you done.

Haven't got Horizons yet so cannot do any of that shite. But might just spend some time building up a bit cash in the res zone.

Currently blasting about BD-11 4280 Mitchell City and the Res zone that is 2 seconds from it (great for handing in bounties and heading back out as it is so close). Done a couple of data drops for faction - are these worth doing? Does it matter who I do them for? Am I best allying with some faction in particular!? I'm pretty well thought of by the cops etc. around here as I kill wanted pirates none stop.
They have toned down the NPCs now after loads of people, myself included, complained that it was becoming impossibly hard. Its still not as easy as it used to be but at least you have a fighting chance nowadays.

Frontier are releasing access to the new Horizons: Beyond beta on the 25th of this month and you can download and try it out even if you only have the basic Elite: Dangerous so you might want to give that a try before buying Horizons outright. I have to say though you're missing out on a huge amount of gameplay if you still only have Elite: Dangerous.

When you use the beta everything you do or buy stays in beta so you can try stuff out without worrying you're going to lose all of your cash or ships permanently. The beta takes a snapshot of your CMDR data and uses that as your start point. You can still play your 'real' game from the loading screen at any time. When the beta ends all the data is scrubbed. When they released the last beta for Horizons all ships cost 10% of normal price and all the Engineers accepted fish as payment for modifications. :lol:

I've decided to reward myself for my promotion by buying a very long range taxi. Meet the Stranger Here Myself about to be engineered within an inch of her life. No utilities, no weapons, no shields, every core module D rated except the FSD which is A rated. Internals are an A rated fuel scoop, an Advanced Discovery Scanner and a docking computer.

Max jump range 60.97Ly. :cool:

Got an iEagle as well to do some canyon runs. :D

Last edited:
Ah bollocks, accidentally shot some innocent that a pirate was beating the shit out of. He died and now I have a bounty of 5k on my head for 4 days. Cue, suddenly, bounty hunters knocking about trying to take me out. Never there previously the twats in a zone FULL of pirates..

Tried to go back to pay it off but looks like they have changed that and you cannot now do that (easy to exploit for rich players?). So, back into the hazardous res site and hoping no bounty hunters come in there and us "pirates" can have our fill killing each other. Else I'll have to find another system? Bounty said it was local but when I went to another place I still got hunted :confused: I only hit the fucker slightly anarl.

Is bounty hunting actually profitable now? Thats the track I wanted to go down but find just hanging around dodgy res sites is much easier and profitable (and less costly as don't have to have daft scanners and interdiction units)..

Any nice quick ways to make money that can be done quick? I only get about half hour to an hour quick blast on it at present and it's not really a quick play game :confused:

Ah bollocks, accidentally shot some innocent that a pirate was beating the shit out of. He died and now I have a bounty of 5k on my head for 4 days. Cue, suddenly, bounty hunters knocking about trying to take me out. Never there previously the twats in a zone FULL of pirates..

Tried to go back to pay it off but looks like they have changed that and you cannot now do that (easy to exploit for rich players?). So, back into the hazardous res site and hoping no bounty hunters come in there and us "pirates" can have our fill killing each other. Else I'll have to find another system? Bounty said it was local but when I went to another place I still got hunted :confused: I only hit the fucker slightly anarl.

Is bounty hunting actually profitable now? Thats the track I wanted to go down but find just hanging around dodgy res sites is much easier and profitable (and less costly as don't have to have daft scanners and interdiction units)..

Any nice quick ways to make money that can be done quick? I only get about half hour to an hour quick blast on it at present and it's not really a quick play game :confused:
You can't just pay off a bounty anymore but you can still take a basic sidewinder to a station run by the faction controlled by the one which issued the bounty and get yourself killed which wipes your slate clean..

Typical of FDev they're going to change the whole crime and punishment system as soon as the Beyond update goes live. The major change is it will now be the ship not the player which becomes wanted so suicide will not be an option anymore.

With the Thargoid attack on Obsidian Orbital the fastest money earner has gone until, hopefully, the station gets fixed. You can still earn big bucks by doing passenger missions but there are others here like @Ambivalent Squirrel who can better advise you on those as I don't ever do them.

You can't just pay off a bounty anymore but you can still take a basic sidewinder to a station run by the faction controlled by the one which issued the bounty and get yourself killed which wipes your slate clean..

Typical of FDev they're going to change the whole crime and punishment system as soon as the Beyond update goes live. The major change is it will now be the ship not the player which becomes wanted so suicide will not be an option anymore.

With the Thargoid attack on Obsidian Orbital the fastest money earner has gone until, hopefully, the station gets fixed. You can still earn big bucks by doing passenger missions but there are others here like @Ambivalent Squirrel who can better advise you on those as I don't ever do them.

How do I get the free sidewinder again? Do i have to sell my ship or will it be somewhere to use still?

I'll see how I do in the dodgy res site tonight hopefully and if it's ok I'll keep the bounty as a bit of a challenge and shit. If it just chucks loads of hunters after me I might as well suicide and get rid of it as I'll just end with more and more from killing them?

All a bit daft for a few stray shots :evil:

How do I get the free sidewinder again? Do i have to sell my ship or will it be somewhere to use still?

I'll see how I do in the dodgy res site tonight hopefully and if it's ok I'll keep the bounty as a bit of a challenge and shit. If it just chucks loads of hunters after me I might as well suicide and get rid of it as I'll just end with more and more from killing them?

The Sidewinder isn't free. :) They only cost 32k and you just buy one at any station with a shipyard. If you still have the original Sidey from when you first started playing stashed somewhere you can get it transferred to where you are but its quicker to just buy a new one.

Any nice quick ways to make money that can be done quick?
Try this, once set up it takes 40+ minutes a run
  1. Set your ship up with all Economy Passenger Cabins.
  2. Fly to Allen Hub in UPSILON AQUARII.
  3. Stack Passenger missions going to Smeaton Orbital in LTT 9360.
  4. Switch between Open/Group/Solo to get fresh missions on the board until your passenger cabins are full.
  5. When full fly to Smeaton (takes 40 minutes to fly)

I've decided to reward myself for my promotion by buying a very long range taxi. Meet the Stranger Here Myself about to be engineered within an inch of her life. No utilities, no weapons, no shields, every core module D rated except the FSD which is A rated. Internals are an A rated fuel scoop, an Advanced Discovery Scanner and a docking computer.

Max jump range 60.97Ly. :cool:

Got an iEagle as well to do some canyon runs. :D

What the deuce! I'm going to fit one up with my Orca's FSD :D

Last edited:
What the deuce! I'm going to fit one up with my Orca's FSD :D
She really is stripped to the bone though. If a Sidewinder farted on her she'd blow up. I had to put the docking computer in because one bump while landing and she's gone. Plus a DC doesn't weight anything! ;)

I could probably squeeze another couple of Ly out of her if I used a smaller fuel scoop but as she is only going to be used to ferry me back and forth between The Bubble and The Pleiades I'd rather make one or two more jumps than wait ages to fill the tank at stars.

Last edited:
She really is stripped to the bone though. If a Sidewinder farted on her she'd blow up. I had to put the docking computer in because one bump while landing and she's gone. Plus a DC doesn't weight anything! ;)

I could probably squeeze another couple of Ly out of her if I used a smaller fuel scoop but as she is only going to be used to ferry me back and forth between The Bubble and The Pleiades I'd rather make one or two more jumps than wait ages to fill the tank at stars.
I looked it up and the dbx has the highest range... Could be my next project as I'm heartily sick of UA to Smeaton runs.

Defo more appealing than getting to Palin, need to kiss up to Qwent a bit more then the Dbx would come in handy for the 5000k Ly run to unlock the big man.

Class. Welcome to the club.

Military grade Hull, and overcharged huge multicannon. Turreted lasers on the rest.

Watch things around you melt and crumble :cool:
I built the Conda to these specifications then kept doing the passenger missions.

Got interdicted by two ships at once which would have blown me to bits normally.

The Type 9 was dusted in a matter of seconds, the Fer De Lance got a booting and high waked it out of there.

Outstanding :cool:

Last edited:
I looked it up and the dbx has the highest range... Could be my next project as I'm heartily sick of UA to Smeaton runs.

Defo more appealing than getting to Palin, need to kiss up to Qwent a bit more then the Dbx would come in handy for the 5000k Ly run to unlock the big man.

I built the Conda to these specifications then kept doing the passenger missions.

Got interdicted by two ships at once which would have blown me to bits normally.

The Type 9 was dusted in a matter of seconds, the Fer De Lance got a booting and high waked it out of there.

It doesn't matter what ship you do the 5kLy trip in, your brains will still be dribbling out your ears when you've finished. :lol:

@Nipple Salad Have you joined up with Mobius yet?

https://elitepve.com/page/join

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what ship you do the 5kLy trip in, your brains will still be dribbling out your ears when you've finished. :lol:

@Nipple Salad Have you joined up with Mobius yet?

https://elitepve.com/page/join
I have now, form filled out and requested approval in-game.

I also finished the DBX project, +12Ly than my beloved Orca :eek:

Thought about how much I liked that ship, then looked at the tiny insurance cost of the DBX. See ya Blackfish. Long live the Racing Snake!

Last edited:
I have now, form filled out and requested approval in-game.

I also finished the DBX project, +12Ly than my beloved Orca :eek:

Thought about how much I liked that ship, then looked at the tiny insurance cost of the DBX. See ya Blackfish. Long live the Racing Snake!
I've spotted CMDR Chebs in Open a couple of times but I spend most of my time in Mobius PvE Eurasia. The only time I'm in Open is when I'm board hopping.

Have you engineered the DBX yet? The rebuy cost goes down for each mod you make. Got mine down to 498k after adding a 2.5M fuel scoop and D rating all the core internals.

I honestly feel I didn’t start playing the game properly till I got that ship.
Sneaking around like a frightened rabbit. Only going into combat in a high-res, cos you’re unsure if you can hold your own.

Not any more like :lol::cool:

Shoot at the green dots on your scanner in a high security system. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have you engineered the DBX yet? The rebuy cost goes down for each mod you make. Got mine down to 498k after adding a 2.5M fuel scoop and D rating all the core internals.
I've only unlocked Farseer and Elvira Martuuk fully. Was working on Qwent when I ran to join the UA goldrush. The Racing Snake only has the FSD engineered, but it's a beaut. Got optimal mass of 54.60 on my third roll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back