Elder Scrolls Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
bit of a let down then?

Wouldn't say it's a let down but my pre-release anticipation has yet to be rewarded. Having played it on the PC, and enjoying it, I thought it'd be more of the same on PS4 but it's not what I remember.
Graphics are alright but look last gen for the most part, no text chat means you're reliant on the voice chat which is a garbled mess unless you're in a party. Menu navigation/crafting is decidedly clunky. My main issue though is that it feels like you're dropped in the game with no idea what to do, you have your main quest but it's a real chore to find quests and things from the off.
All that being said I've only played a couple of hours and am rooted in the starting area but I am pretty sure once I get used to it I'll enjoy it a lot, lot more.

Caught in two minds. I do enjoy the series but I've not played a MMO for a long time, and never on a console... would enjoy it with mates I'd imagine. Is it possible to mute random people's voices so I'll not be lumbered with someone arguing with their mam over tea?

Anyone gone for a pure berserker Conan the barbarian type character? Or are you all fairy witch Mage types/stab you in the back thieves/pansy archers/Sword and board?

Caught in two minds. I do enjoy the series but I've not played a MMO for a long time, and never on a console... would enjoy it with mates I'd imagine. Is it possible to mute random people's voices so I'll not be lumbered with someone arguing with their mam over tea?

Aye you can mute 'player voice' and you don't have to listen to any of them, thankfully.

Hit level 10 but cannot for the life of me get a group for the first set of dungeons. Enjoying it a lot more now, increasing the paltry starting inventory size makes it a lot better.

After watching a few videos of this on Youtube I decided the combat looked shit and bought Dark Souls 2 instead.

Got both, they're not the same game - one is a solo RPG and the other is a MMO RPG

Witcher 3 is by far the better game though. Game of the year contender most definitely
Aye, looks like witcher is the choice.
see, I don't mind mmo's just I wouldn't play with mates, so I would be going solo, is it still playable or do you need a group to have a good go at it?

Aye, looks like witcher is the choice.
see, I don't mind mmo's just I wouldn't play with mates, so I would be going solo, is it still playable or do you need a group to have a good go at it?
It's still playable on your own but it's better within a group of mates to do the same quests with - otherwise it's just you doing the same quests as others, but you can barely do teamwork with them. It makes it kind of like a medieval version of Destiny

Definitely get the Witcher 3 if your mates aren't going to be on for ESO, by far the better story

It's still playable on your own but it's better within a group of mates to do the same quests with - otherwise it's just you doing the same quests as others, but you can barely do teamwork with them. It makes it kind of like a medieval version of Destiny

Definitely get the Witcher 3 if your mates aren't going to be on for ESO, by far the better story
aye, think im going to get it like. been having a read about them and Witcher seems to be getting the better write up's

what a crock of shite this game is

A mildly rehashed skyrim, with a load of nuggets running around aimlessly

Avoid

Yeah but you're missing the point

It worked better when it was just skyrim

It's like they just thought they'd add multiplayer for the craic, it hasn't improved the game, for me anyway
I wasn't interested in an MMO. Someone suggested it worked if I played it as Skyrim with always on DRM. It works for me.

I wasn't interested in an MMO. Someone suggested it worked if I played it as Skyrim with always on DRM. It works for me.
Any tips then? Are any stand out missions worth playing through to show off the graphics and gameplay? Hopefully get some decent loot while I'm on?

Which places should I visit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back