Elder Scrolls Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too much like Guild Wars 2 tbh, any successful MMO these days needs a niche - Guild Wars and Planetside did ok but the rest were "been there done that"

I played in a stress test for this the other week, I was expecting to hate it but I actually quite enjoyed it, i may well pick it up when it no doubt goes free to play a few months in.

Hopefully they make the price cheaper or put a special offer in for annual passes etc

That's what I'm hoping.

Paid £3 a month for Runescape :oops::lol: many moons ago and I could barley justify that! Never been a big subscriber for MMO and the likes.

is there a free version to check it out first?

be a bit shit paying 9 bar a month to find it is shit and hard to navigate on a console

The day of the standard fantasy MMORPG's is over. The peak was 5-10 years ago when Everquest 1 & 2 and WOW were at their peak.
Elder Scrolls Online is just one of many that are copying exactly the same formula, except they are very late to the game.
I think this will be great in the first year and then bottom out and be cancelled under 4 years.
I hope to god the franchise does not stop making the regular offline games.

The real one to look out for is Everquest Next. It's due to completely revolutionise the way MMORPGs work.

I'm just going to wait for a Bethesda game which this isn't. That'll be fallout and be happy with that.

Subscriptions really put me off. Destiny looks the ideal multiplayer/single player experience I'm after. Not this.

The day of the standard fantasy MMORPG's is over. The peak was 5-10 years ago when Everquest 1 & 2 and WOW were at their peak.
Elder Scrolls Online is just one of many that are copying exactly the same formula, except they are very late to the game.
I think this will be great in the first year and then bottom out and be cancelled under 4 years.

The real one to look out for is Everquest Next. It's due to completely revolutionise the way MMORPGs work.

Have to agree with what you've said , there isn't much really new an mmorpg can offer to get plyers sucked in, personally would wish Bethseda would stick to what they know best

If anyone is interested, the Imperial edition of this is free to pre order at GAME.[DOUBLEPOST=1391683371][/DOUBLEPOST]

I dont know about this, ESO seems to have a lot of stuff you can do on your own. And if its got the same combat system as Skyrim, with a bigger world, I'll be hooked for years.

Skyrim and that isn't even that good.
They can get fucked charging £9 a month anarl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back