Elden Ring

Does that require multiple play throughs?
There is some walkthroughs for platinum on first run but I would just play it like it should be on the first run. Just run around like a headless chicken and enjoy open world, you might need to do the odd Google here and there to progress etc

Now got the 1000g on xbox to go along with the PS5 platinum :cool:

95 hours less than it took on the PS5 :lol:

I know this map better than my own house at this point

There is some walkthroughs for platinum on first run but I would just play it like it should be on the first run. Just run around like a headless chicken and enjoy open world, you might need to do the odd Google here and there to progress etc
I know that only too well! You need a walkthrough to find anything in this!
I am loving it though . First souls game. PS5 tells me I’m 83% done

Is this one of those games that is a slow burner but worth it once you get into it. Tried a few times now to play it but keep binning it for something else.

Just started again today and it just feels so clunky, and I am not sure what to make of all the messages and blood on the floor yet, are they important can I skip them??

I really want to like this game as it's exactly the kind of thing I enjoy, but right now I feel like I'd be better off starting Skyrim from scratch than investing a lot of time in this.

Is this one of those games that is a slow burner but worth it once you get into it. Tried a few times now to play it but keep binning it for something else.

Just started again today and it just feels so clunky, and I am not sure what to make of all the messages and blood on the floor yet, are they important can I skip them??

I really want to like this game as it's exactly the kind of thing I enjoy, but right now I feel like I'd be better off starting Skyrim from scratch than investing a lot of time in this.
I can see why some people would think its a slow burner especially if haven't played souls games before.

I remember my first time on a soul game, I had the same experience as you and didn't play it for 6 months after the first few hours.

You can ignore the blood and messages. If it's your first soul game I would advise you to go dex, quality or strength builds.

I think the clunkyness will be due to your current personal skill set. Which will change when you get a few more hours on it (this happened to me and most who post on this thread)

Dark souls games are absolutely beasts of games for hardness.

I can see why some people would think its a slow burner especially if haven't played souls games before.

I remember my first time on a soul game, I had the same experience as you and didn't play it for 6 months after the first few hours.

You can ignore the blood and messages. If it's your first soul game I would advise you to go dex, quality or strength builds.

I think the clunkyness will be due to your current personal skill set. Which will change when you get a few more hours on it (this happened to me and most who post on this thread)

Dark souls games are absolutely beasts of games for hardness.
I am really struggling to enjoy the game. I am struggling to even work out what it is I am supposed to be doing to start out with.

I am really struggling to enjoy the game. I am struggling to even work out what it is I am supposed to be doing to start out with.

Dark souls ain't for every one. It's definitely one of them. But what I would say about dark souls/bloodbaine type games are highly rewarding if you can get past the wall. It's a level base game which can give you completely different abiltys and different styles

What I would advise for you then would be doing the fightin cowboy walkthrough till at least the great sword bit. I normally go strength just to early easy mode. Get your vit to a min of 40 and strength to the min two hand of great sword. Or just follow his guidelines for a quality build(dex/strength) he will also give you tips on parry etc

You paid for the game so more concerned its not dead end money like my yearly fifa buys. Any way I bang the link in, he's kinda soothing to listen to also.

Hopefully you will find the love of souls like the rest of us.
You are also feeling this sort of pain

Absolutely loads of this on YouTube. The invading crys from the sexy lady raging. Shouting dog sh*t bitch was my fav

Last edited:

Dark souls ain't for every one. It's definitely one of them. But what I would say about dark souls/bloodbaine type games are highly rewarding if you can get past the wall. It's a level base game which can give you completely different abiltys and different styles

What I would advise for you then would be doing the fightin cowboy walkthrough till at least the great sword bit. I normally go strength just to early easy mode. Get your vit to a min of 40 and strength to the min two hand of great sword. Or just follow his guidelines for a quality build(dex/strength) he will also give you tips on parry etc

You paid for the game so more concerned its not dead end money like my yearly fifa buys. Any way I bang the link in, he's kinda soothing to listen to also.

Hopefully you will find the love of souls like the rest of us.
You are also feeling this sort of pain

Absolutely loads of this on YouTube. The invading crys from the sexy lady raging. Shouting dog sh*t bitch was my fav
Cheers fella... I'll give this a watch

Everyone has this entry to Soulsborne games mate don’t worry about it, the bloke I’ll link below is great

I just beat that dude who was based at the Round Table Hold (Shaun Bean) at Ashen Leyndale Capital and I have no clue where to go next?
Anyone ?

Last edited:
Everyone has this entry to Soulsborne games mate don’t worry about it, the bloke I’ll link below is great

This was a big help added to a video of a quick way to level up and find the round table thingumee. I now have my sword +4 and spectral wolves +3 but I think what I am missing is the usual array of quests and side quests and still find myself wandering around aimlessly.

I just beat that dude who was based at the Round Table Hold (Shaun Bean) at Ashen Leyndale Capital and I have no clue where to go next?
Anyone ?
It’s the same room which you would have fought Godfrey in earlier in the game iirc try and follow the path you took then
This was a big help added to a video of a quick way to level up and find the round table thingumee. I now have my sword +4 and spectral wolves +3 but I think what I am missing is the usual array of quests and side quests and still find myself wandering around aimlessly.
Yeah there’s no real way to track quests, my only advice for that would be to speak to every NPC you can and read all item descriptions. The sites of grace have these golden lines which point you in a general direction of where to go as well. Half the fun is wondering around in the world anyways but it will click eventually if you stick with it.

Last edited:
At the end of this finally! trying to kill the final two bosses on one batch of health is a bit of a fucker!
Getting through the first one easily enough but the second just keeps running away so spells arent reaching and he then just spams you with aoe attacks. Have got him half way a few times, just pissing me off at this stage.

At the end of this finally! trying to kill the final two bosses on one batch of health is a bit of a fucker!
Getting through the first one easily enough but the second just keeps running away so spells arent reaching and he then just spams you with aoe attacks. Have got him half way a few times, just pissing me off at this stage.
Are you using mimics on your run or going solo?

Are you using mimics on your run or going solo?
Using mimic just with terra magica and night comet. Don’t want the mimic f***ing about with swords. Just use the spells. Worked well with malenia and radogan. Just can’t get near the beast with the spells. Dunno how melee builds beat him

Using mimic just with terra magica and night comet. Don’t want the mimic f***ing about with swords. Just use the spells. Worked well with malenia and radogan. Just can’t get near the beast with the spells. Dunno how melee builds beat him
Aye I found the mimic to piss around too much for Elden beast, if you change your ashes to black knife tiche it should help

Aye I found the mimic to piss around too much for Elden beast, if you change your ashes to black knife tiche it should help
I was thinking of giving that a go alright. Only have her at +7 atm though so will have to piss about and find some ghost glovewort

Just beat it, feel like I’ve cheated a little by using mimic tear on the last boss, but unfortunately it’s horribly designed and felt like it was the only way.

Back