Egg chasers of the SMB

I’m becoming a massive fan of Saints. I’m normally quite neutral when it comes to domestic rugby and consider myself just an England fan but I love watching Northampton and it helps that they’re from a working class town.

I think Fin Smith will supplant Marcus Smith as England fly half in a few years.
I've never really had a club team I've followed but since moving to Northampton about 18 months ago I've been really enjoying supporting them.

You picked a great time to start watching them
I know, feel a bit like a glory supporter to be honest :lol:

I've just never really lived anywhere with such strong rugby roots so club rugby in general has always passed me by a bit and just follow the international games, but it's been great getting into the domestic competitions. haway saints tonight.

Enjoying this game on now.

I've just never really lived anywhere with such strong rugby roots so club rugby in general has always passed me by a bit and just follow the international games, but it's been great getting into the domestic competitions. haway saints tonight.

To be honest, anyone who started following any team other than Newcastle or Gloucester this season could be accused of glory supporting given how many teams could still realistically win the league.

Saints are a superb team to watch, so I'm hoping for a Bath v Saints final in the Prem, it would be a great game to watch regardless of the result.

I did the same with Exeter. Started following them because they were midtable and recently promoted and they almost immediately became one of the strongest teams in the league. Fell out of love with the lately due to all the racism, vaccine denial and relentless twattery

I've never really had a club team I've followed but since moving to Northampton about 18 months ago I've been really enjoying supporting them.
Hope they can win this tonight. I think Sleightholme deserves an England call up too. He’s outstanding.

Over the moon for Quins too. Did not see that coming today after the way Bordeaux destroyed Saracens last week. That offload from Dombrandt as he was being tackled for the third try was sublime.

Rugby is fantastic to watch at this level.

Sorry to quote you again. :lol: I’m similar I never really took much of an interest in club rugby until around the 2019 World Cup then I got hooked. Went to watch Wasps before covid as I live near Coventry. Went to watch Bath v Northampton in Bath in October 2022 then Northampton v Sarries in April 2023.

Been to watch Tigers 3 or 4 times this season but I find their rugby boring to watch. Saints and Bath are the two I take the most interest in.

Last edited:
Leinster v Saints

Toulouse/Exeter v Harlequins

You’d expect Toulouse to see off Exeter tomorrow. It’s on ITV1 if anyone fancies watching.

I will be. Toulouse are a right laugh to watch. I'd like to see them rip Leinster a new hole in the final. Hopefully after Leinster take a two try lead after 10 mins

Back