Egg chasers of the SMB

Who would have thunk it. A box kick was the downfall. Fitting.

I know it was a forced change but I thought smith was excellent when he came on. Very busy. Even stuff like pretending to take a quick line out gives you an edge. Means the oppo always have to be on their toes.
Not massively into rugby ( used to play at school but nowt since ) . .. .

What is the thinking about putting up a box kick landing on the halfway line with a "50 / 50 ??" chance of getting the ball back ...

Versus smashing it down to oppo 22 and letting them do the hard work of getting up the pitch

What is the thinking about putting up a box kick landing on the halfway line with a "50 / 50 ??" chance of getting the ball back ...

Versus smashing it down to oppo 22 and letting them do the hard work of getting up the pitch
I don't think there was any thinking involved in that. It's been a long running feature of the way England play that we might be starting to remove bit by bit.

In that situation, you either hoof it into the 22 like you say, or you hang onto the ball, go through the phases and run down the clock.

The idea is a mix of possession/territory and potential turnover.

As a scrum half myself the pressure to not get charged down is high hence that caterpillar shite. As a coach I want my out half to have a wide range and time so I'd rather ping them than box. Argh I hate box.

Stephen Jones is bonkers…ST pundits pick their team of the tournament and he is the only one not picking Ben Earl as far as I can see :lol: he also picks Ford as his fly half of the 6 nations.

I’m not a fanboi of Marcus Smith but jones clearly hates the fucker, never ever owt positive to say about him.

He’s spent too long noshing off Guscott

I remember Guscott being a BBC pundit with Jonathan Davies when they were discussing who the next England coach should be. It was probably when there was a clamour for Martin Johnson. He was asked if he was in the RFU who he thought should be appointed of the various candidates, his answer was Johnson on the basis that that is who the media wanted and if it went wrong you could always say to them that's who you wanted. It was so ridiculous Davies took the piss out of him.

the tickets for the 2025 Lions tour of Oz went on sale yesterday. the sydney test sold out within a couple of hours, i assume the others have. managed to get tickets for the waratahs game but not the test. crazy prices to be honest

Tell you what the BBC coverage of super league is appalling. It's like they have one camera about 82 miles away. Not even a tackle count. Sky was doing this 10x better in 1997.
Speaking of 1997. Sky had a full re run of London Broncos v Canberra Raiders on Thursday night, a London team including veterans Shaun Edwards and Offiah. A game and a tournament I’d forgotten all about.

And the coverage was better than the BBC

Back