Egg chasers of the SMB

Yeah the lad that brought it up was sure but the other not so convinced like you

Both “involved” at pro clubs

Something to do with £200m sponsorship
The new money from the share buy in is supposed to be ringfenced so it goes to paying clubs debts.

Only one team is in the black this season with thier accounts.

One of Newcastle, Bristol, Worcester, London Irish are gong to be mounting a legal challenge to prem rugby if that’s the case when they are down.

Not to mention teams which are attempting to come up such as Cornish pirates.

Closed competition would ruin the league.

The new money from the share buy in is supposed to be ringfenced so it goes to paying clubs debts.

Only one team is in the black this season with thier accounts.

One of Newcastle, Bristol, Worcester, London Irish are gong to be mounting a legal challenge to prem rugby if that’s the case when they are down.

Not to mention teams which are attempting to come up such as Cornish pirates.

Closed competition would ruin the league.
I agree with what you say, but the argument against relegation is that it has made the other end of the league more of a closed shop. Teams battling relegation can only afford to think short term now, whereas the teams at the top have the money to invest in youth and ensure they stay there while picking up established players to complement their first team squads, e.g. Daly to Saracens and Hogg to Exeter.

Exeter have been virtually the only exception to this in recent years.

I don't want to see relegation go from the Premiership, but unfortunately there is a strong argument for it.

canny job

Thatchers

The ideal candidate will need to be 18 years old or over, be passionate about cider and have a love for rugby – no other prior experience is required, and you will get free entry to the event, which will see Bath Rugby take on the Bristol Bears.

Bath Rugby and Thatchers endorses responsible drinking so the candidate will be required to take regular water breaks to rehydrate, eat and watch parts of the game. He/she will not be authorised to drive after the event, so alternate travel must be prearranged

Useless Scotch twats. Conceding the penalty in the 22 with 5 minutes to go was utterly stupid.

I see all those lifelong Welsh fans who were on here 2 weeks ago seem to have forgotten about the game today. Funny that.

Two kickable penalties that they put into the corner. Arseholes

They've been f***ing shit this 6N

I only watched the second half but they were better than Wales. Shit decision making cost them the win.

Wales might be the only 6 Nations champions I've ever seen that never performed for an entire 80 minutes.

They're not very good at all......IMO obviously

Two kickable penalties that they put into the corner. Arseholes
Aye thought the same. Scotland have gone from playing for nothing but penalties to refusing them every time. Be interested to see the conversion state for the times they’ve kicked to the corner over the past year. Bet it’s less than 30%. They’re trapped in that mental prison of “we back ourselves against anyone” but while that’s a commendable attitude the facts suggest it’s not a realistic one.

If Wales win the tournament the single thing that has done it for them is superior game management. England still lack it under pressure. Ireland were absolute masters of it but seems like last year has left them a bit knackered. Wales I dont think have played all that well honestly over the series in the round but they have made the game count in the minutes of games that it matters most, mainly by simply keeping the ball and ping through the phases in tight periods.

Last edited:
Aye thought the same. Scotland have gone from playing for nothing but penalties to refusing them every time. Be interested to see the conversion state for the times they’ve kicked to the corner over the past year. Bet it’s less than 30%. They’re trapped in that mental prison of “we back ourselves against anyone” but while that’s a commendable attitude the facts suggest it’s not a realistic one.

If Wales win the tournament the single thing that has done it for them is superior game management. England still lack it under pressure. Ireland were absolute masters of it but seems like last year has left them a bit knackered. Wales I dont think have played all that well honestly over the series in the round but they have made the game count in the minutes of games that it matters most, mainly by simply keeping the ball and ping through the phases in tight periods.

100% agree. See my above post

It’s annoying watching a team who are so good in possession knowing they repeatedly kicked it away for no discernible reason in the game where it counted

100% agree. See my above post
Most disappointing series in a while for me. England best they’ve been for a while but were dogshit in second half vs Wales to throw the Slam so who cares. Rest of teams played well below their capacity. I was expecting it to be highly competitive this year.

Last edited:
It’s annoying watching a team who are so good in possession knowing they repeatedly kicked it away for no discernible reason in the game where it counted

Most disappointing series in a while for me. England best they’ve been for a while but were dogshit in second half vs Wales to throw the Slam so who cares. Rest of teams played well below their capacity. I was expecting it to be highly competitive this year.

It's been weird. What I've gathered from this year's championship......

I'm shocked at Ireland's inability to play off the cuff. No plan B

Scotland are solely dependent on Russell

Wales are crap :confused:

England are dependent on the Vunipola brothers

It's been weird. What I've gathered from this year's championship......

I'm shocked at Ireland's inability to play off the cuff. No plan B

Scotland are solely dependent on Russell

Wales are crap :confused:

England are dependent on the Vunipola brothers
I felt that about Ireland prior to last year, they were expertly drilled but seemed to lack spontaneity. I guess last year they just choked everyone and took the few chances they made but maybe that’s not a long term platform.

Scotland have the skills but none of the mental strength

Wales are good at staying in matches if you let them

France-fuck knows

England are exceptionally talented and their rush defence is now very impressive, but they remain confused and leaderless. If the rugby doesn’t take care of itself and someone has to bring some mental clarity and a reading of the game’s pattern into the picture there dosent seem to be any what so ever. Discipline still poor.

Not one of them can manage being the favourite. Much more comfortable as the giant slayer than the giant.

Last edited:
I felt that about Ireland prior to last year, they were expertly drilled but seemed to lack spontaneity. I guess last year they just choked everyone and took the few chances they made but maybe that’s not a long term platform.

Scotland have the skills but none of the mental strength

Wales are good at staying in matches if you let them

France-fuck knows

England are exceptionally talented and their rush defence is now very impressive, but they remain confused and leaderless. If the rugby doesn’t take care of itself and someone has to bring some mental clarity and a reading of the game’s pattern into the picture there dosent seem to be any what so ever. Discipline still poor.

Not one of them can manage being the favourite. Much more comfortable as the giant slayer than the giant.
Ironically, being comfortable as the giant slayer could work in England's favour come the World Cup, a potential quarter final against Wales would be the opportunity to put things right possibly against the Grand Slam winners, and a match up against either Ireland or New Zealand would probably see us as underdogs given their form last year.

Agree about discipline and plan B though, if we can't sort that in the next six months, the only way we can content for the World Cup is if we can fluke it.

I only watched the second half but they were better than Wales. Shit decision making cost them the win.

Wales might be the only 6 Nations champions I've ever seen that never performed for an entire 80 minutes.

I don't think England were that amazing when we won the slam in 2016 tbf

Ironically, being comfortable as the giant slayer could work in England's favour come the World Cup, a potential quarter final against Wales would be the opportunity to put things right possibly against the Grand Slam winners, and a match up against either Ireland or New Zealand would probably see us as underdogs given their form last year.

Agree about discipline and plan B though, if we can't sort that in the next six months, the only way we can content for the World Cup is if we can fluke it.
Obviously a ways to go but I think the WC could be very open. AB at their best would beat anyone at their best but watching the All or Nothing series about them this week reminded me that they’ve been spotty by their standards past few years. I wonder if McCaw and his team putting that choker tag so emphatically to bed with two WC’s in a row has taken their edge away.

SA and Aus are very average by their standards just now. Pumas are a good team and wouldn’t surprise me if they got further than one or other of them.

Like the first half against Ireland when they couldn't get enough points from the pressure they applied.

Back