Egg chasers of the SMB

we used to have falcons players coach us, both at school and at the club, and they were so down to earth. to see Jonny Wilkinson, the bloke who won the world cup for England, in the flesh playing touch with a few school lads, sharing his kicking tips and having a bit crack was surreal, but also a brilliant example on how the grassroots to pro relationship in rugby is waaaaay different to soccer.
Yeah the Chiefs lads were so humble. McKenzie, Lienert-Brown, Cane, Retallick, etc All Blacks but ordinary guys. The media guy who had a meeting with Damien McKenzie later that day said thanks for doing that with the guy from the UK and Damien said what a lovely guy I was.

Walking on clouds.

Any of you follow a club rugby team, or is it all about the international games?

I'm watching a lot of Aviva premiership games and the standard's excellent. But I'm wondering if I should throw my lot in with a club. The North East team is a non starter - Newcastle Falcons, my arse. My local team is Saracens so maybe them, but they're not exactly a flair team. Of the teams with real attacking ability they're the big clubs and something isn't right about being a glory bastard whatever the sport...

Thought this was going to be a thread about humpty dumpty avoiding the bailiffs :cry:

Semi related news, Leicester's Tom Youngs' wife has been battling cancer and this time last year it was looking terminal. Today it's been announced that she's now in remission so the outlook is actually hopeful now. Brilliant news

Tickets are open to buy for the 2 European finals in Newcastle next year for those interested.
Got mine for both games, so along with the Falcons playing another league game there next season, I will have to set foot in the Wongadome 3 times next season, which is probably more than most of the mags who post on here :confused:

Cracking semi final there, high scoring high quality stuff. It was 6 tries to 5 but Sarries' actual winning margin was 24 points, which shows the value of being that much better all over the park
Very surprising to see such a high scoring semi final, but pure quality from Sarries. They'll need to defend a lot better next weekend, especially if they're up against the Chiefs.

And in the 2nd semi, welcome to the Matt Carley show with special guests Exeter Chiefs and Newcastle Falcons.

Very surprising to see such a high scoring semi final, but pure quality from Sarries. They'll need to defend a lot better next weekend, especially if they're up against the Chiefs.

And in the 2nd semi, welcome to the Matt Carley show with special guests Exeter Chiefs and Newcastle Falcons.

:lol: he is a bit of a knob, isn't he? But only a 5/10 on the Steve Walsh scale

My beloved Chefs in control here

Back