EFL-No extended play offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mate I don’t think the valuation will be a problem anymore as SD will be keen to depart. The problem we now face is uncertainty. No one knows what will happen in the next few months and there is the real possibility that L1 and L2 will just be mothballed until fans are let back in the ground
I'm not sure about the valuation bit tbh. The second bit is a very realistic possibility.

Personally I think it shows that L1 and L2 are just a distraction for the EFL now. Now that Parry has been appointed we will see the championship become another breakaway league and become the premier league 2. This will safeguard other high profile premier league clubs from dropping into oblivion like us...

Not saying Power is a saint but that deal was concluded years ago.
Not doubting either that others have invested money however this is all about an injunction not to sell the club on as ownership may involve others.
We are in the same position as all lower league clubs with our main stream of income not coming in right now.

I see you have already bottled your potential play off hopes and thought you would be more optimistic with a 1 in 4 chance of going up.
Something to look forward to though if we do get to play again.

Got no idea how it is going to end up..... for you or us! :lol::lol:
The message from the bods in charge is they want to "earn promotion on the pitch" , take that to mean play offs from current position.
Ainsworth was interviewed this morning, he said you can't use weighted PPG as you can't predict the future, but he's happy with PPG ....which does the same.
Probably fairer if they played the games needed to level the numbers up to 36 and finish it at that.
Too much political bollocks going on for my liking.

Let's just call the season off. We aren't going to win any playoffs and even if we went up we'd get annihilated in the Championship next season.

Points per game is absolutely insane.

Bollocks to who qualifies for the play offs, you can't relegate teams based on points per game when you're three quarters of the way through the season. A complete load of shite.

Half the league can still make the play offs, if my club just sacked it off I’d be fuming.
Get ready to be fuming.

Most clubs can't afford to finish the season. Even Sunderland have said the EFL should pay for them to finish the season. Not the wisest thing to say when you want to finish the season.

The EFL isn't a rich organisation. It is funded by the clubs in Divisions 2, 3 and 4. So where would all the funding come from so clubs can finish their seasons if they can't afford to? And why should some clubs be funded and not others? If all clubs get the rest of their season funded who would pay? They take a cut from playoff games. No funding raised from them this season. So the clubs would have to fund the EFL so the EFL could fund the clubs.....

It's a complete mess mind and the Bolton in August point is a good one. Oxford are 2 points and a goal worse of thanks them but played them when they had their new players in as opposed to Rotherham a week earlier who battered them 6-1.

Both Rotherham and Oxford played us after the transfer window.

We fielded pretty much the same team for both games.
interesting that Gillingham want the season to be played out. Could be more clubs willing to do this than we thought

Gillingham chairman was on Talksport today saying that the PFA should pay for testing the players otherwise the costs of finishing the season would be too great.

Last edited:
Both Rotherham and Oxford played us after the transfer window.

We fielded pretty much the same team for both games.

Gillingham chairman was on Talksport today saying that the PFA should pay for testing the players otherwise the costs of finishing the season would be too great.
what a union looking after their players instead of being political for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back