EFL-No extended play offs

Much chance of that happening you think?

I think it will have to, if only for appearances stake.
Why would no one want to take over us with our set up.?

Well get rid of Coton then, neither has he🤔

Nobody is going to buy any business when things are so uncertain. There's even a argument that people could hold off in the hopes of getting a lower price from any administrator. That's not specific to us, by the way. Even before lockdown, it was suggested that are a few clubs that can only pay the monthly wages on time if they have a home game the Saturday before pay day.

Last edited:

Football has be out of control for ages, spiralling up and up. People wanted the bubble to burst but unfortunatley the ripple effect is massive

I think it will have to, if only for appearances stake.

Nobody is going to buy any business when things are so uncertain. There's even a argument that people could hold off in the hopes of getting a lower price from any administrator. That's not specific to us, by the way. Even before lockdown, it was suggested that are a few clubs that can only pay the monthly wages on time if they have a home game the Saturday before pay day.
..how are the Mags being bought out then, in these uncertain times?
He's our head of recruitment?
He goes scouting tho...club is a f***ing mess man.

51% vote needed, so that’s us fucked then

mind it’s our own fault, those last 4 games and the Bolton games, f***ing dreadful
I know it’s tempting to blame the team but if you take away the anger (and believe me they drive me up the wall), this is a disgusting decision by the EFL and the clubs should hang their heads in shame

Aye we’d have definitely had that 100 point season we were promised if we’d been allowed to play the last 9 games.

Methvan and an mps plan

The plan is actually pretty sensible, and opens the way to at least partial fan ownership of clubs, with board representation. Ignore who's said it, and concentrate on what's being said; it makes an awful lot of sense.
..so was the Americans to buy us.

And, last time I looked, the Saudi deal wasn't completed either.

I think if it’s at the point where clubs are choosing not to play games because they can’t afford to play the games (I think the excess cost of testing etc should be paid for by either the league or the pfa or even the premier league etc) then docking points may be a good deterrent.

I’m a bit cynical about how much it would “cost” teams to play the fixtures, you’d lose some match income, but not it all, due to streaming (majority of season ticket holders would take a free streaming pass etc to support the club)

I think there’s a difference between “not able to afford” and “not playing the games would be less expensive“

A 'good deterrent' for what?

They're being given the option of ending the season now due to exceptional circumstances.

They haven't just decided not to play for no apparent reason.

The plan is actually pretty sensible, and opens the way to at least partial fan ownership of clubs, with board representation. Ignore who's said it, and concentrate on what's being said; it makes an awful lot of sense.

And, last time I looked, the Saudi deal wasn't completed either.
It is going through.

A 'good deterrent' for what?

They're being given the option of ending the season now due to exceptional circumstances.

They haven't just decided not to play for no apparent reason.

It comes down to “being able to afford” playing on and “being better off” if they don’t play on.

The cynical side of me thinks there’ll be some who, if push came to shove, could play the remaining fixtures but obviously lose some money, but they’ll vote to end it now to save some money.

Unless you expect a sugar daddy to step in, that won't actually help.
Hmmm not sure about that. I'd say a huge chunk of our support are done with donald. Whilst he stays a huge amount wont put money into the club. His presence I strongly suspect will hamper the future turnover of the club.

Its essential he sells up as soon as possible. The problem is nobody will buy at his ridiculous valuation and especially not in the middle of this coronavirus.

It's a complete mess mind and the Bolton in August point is a good one. Oxford are 2 points and a goal worse of thanks them but played them when they had their new players in as opposed to Rotherham a week earlier who battered them 6-1. This, with the Bury thing has made the EFL look a rank amateur.
Nothing could be done with regards to what has happened with Covid19 but they set themselves up for a right fuck on from the start.

It's a complete mess mind and the Bolton in August point is a good one. Oxford are 2 points and a goal worse of thanks them but played them when they had their new players in as opposed to Rotherham a week earlier who battered them 6-1. This, with the Bury thing has made the EFL look a rank amateur.
Nothing could be done with regards to what has happened with Covid19 but they set themselves up for a right fuck on from the start.
And wycombe beat bolton first game of the season so two teams massively benefit from boltons weakened team before they strengthened the squad giving them the higher league position because of the higher PPG because of it. Also the refs admitted over christmas/new year that they’d made mistakes costing us an extra 4 points against bolton and fleetwood so now the efl want to make shit up to end the season they should analyse all the big decisions that favoured some of the teams over the course of the season and amend results accordingly so It becomes fairer and more controversial (straw clutching haha).
It’s a shite end to the season if it turns out not to be played at all and you can just guarantee that unless they get a vaccine for covid-19 that next season could be a total mess. Players won’t want to play, clubs players may need to self isolate during parts of the season if they have anyone as testing positive, the list is endless. Life as we know it isn’t gonna be the same while this virus is out there. Safc may be being hard done by as other clubs will be but there are more important things to worry about though at the moment in the world.

Hmmm not sure about that. I'd say a huge chunk of our support are done with donald. Whilst he stays a huge amount wont put money into the club. His presence I strongly suspect will hamper the future turnover of the club.

Its essential he sells up as soon as possible. The problem is nobody will buy at his ridiculous valuation and especially not in the middle of this coronavirus.

Mate I don’t think the valuation will be a problem anymore as SD will be keen to depart. The problem we now face is uncertainty. No one knows what will happen in the next few months and there is the real possibility that L1 and L2 will just be mothballed until fans are let back in the ground

51% to approve is chicken shit. EFL want this settled and giving such a low percentage for approval will accomplish what they want. Then can then wash their hands of this mess and say “We put it to a vote and this is how it worked out. The clubs have spoken”
Good luck with any litigation as the final decision was voted on. Majority rules.
This..the EFL have been an absolute disgrace...

Back