Echo up for sale

It's awful now, they should never have closed the office and press at Pennywell. Didn't they used to produce 2 editions a day, and early one and late afternoon one? My nana and grandad used to have a paper shop and a Saturday there was always people lingering around waiting for the footy echo to be delivered.
The website is awful too, like a half arsed effort.
They should get the uni on board and get the students to run it. Make it a free paper and give it out at key metro stations, bus stations in and around sunlun and durham
Me owld man stopped getting the Echo back in the late 70's - cos it didn't have the late racing results.:D

Nobody will buy it to run it as a business.

However, print houses have a lot of land, sometimes in prime locations, and assets, so a property developer may buy it and close it.

It’s a matter of time before all newspapers die a natural death, you’d have to be mental to buy one or start a new one.

Who buys them now anyway, ffs? It’s 2018, who cares about yesterday’s news when we have a constant, easily available source of breaking news for free? I don’t know any young people who bother, the day of the newspaper is almost over.

Anyhoo, how did a thread about the Echo turn into a thread about newspapers...?

Anyhoo, how did a thread about the Echo turn into a thread about newspapers...?
Because the Echo is a newspaper with the same struggles as others. You're right though, in an online world what they offer is out of date before it's even printed.

Newspapers, for better or worse, papers, like books, hard copy music and department stores, are a dying breed. Anyone insane enough to not follow the 'free' model and buy this rag as is deserve what they get.

Back